Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
aulnay
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Certificate of Conformity

Post by aulnay »

Hi can anyone help I am thinking of buying a car in Englend and exporting it to France where I live.
I require a C.O.C. to register it in France where is the best place to obtain one and are they available without a problem.

Stewart

Thanks in anticipation
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Cars in the UK don't come with COC's but you can get a Heritage Certificate from Gaydon (where all production records are kept). This will give build dates, engine, chassis numbers, colours etc...
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
aulnay
Minor Friendly

Post by aulnay »

Hi Thanks for the prompt reply the Heritage Certificate is not enough I also own a 1959 Frog Eye Sprite with an Heritage certificate but this was not acceptable I had to get certificate of Conformity from Rover Paris to allow me to register it in France.

regards

Stewart
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

Obviously modern cars will have type approval which I guess you would obtain from the manufacturer. Maybe you could try Gaydon for the correct paperwork you need anyway as this is the only place I am aware of that records are held anymore for Morris Cars. What exactly do the French registration authorities expect it to conform to ?
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

When my wife and I were out in paris we looked at getting our barchetta registered in france but the cost was rediculous and then we would have had the pain of comming back to a Uk reg. We were insured with MAAF insurance in france and they did not mind that it was a uk registered car.. just a thought, if this is only going to be a short term change of reg number it might not be worth the pain!
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

I had to get certificate of Conformity from Rover Paris to allow me to register it in France.
That is probably your answer.
In the UK the CofC rules for registration don't apply to cars that old, so it's not an issue we need to deal with here.
To register an imported classic in the UK, they will accept a Euro registration document + a UK MOT (on chassis number) and an insurance document (on chassis number).
For cars outside of EU, I don't know as I've not done that yet - but either way the UK rules don't match the french for EU cars anyway.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I agree with PSL - what exactly will it Conform to ??? Maybe they would accept a letter/document from MMOC - saying it definitely conforms to the general specification of a Morris Minor !!
ImageImage
aulnay
Minor Friendly

Post by aulnay »

Hi All
There is a Certificate of european Conformity to give it its correct title and even new cars have one. basically It states that the car conformed to european standards at the time it was produced.
It has to come from the maker which can be difficult with old cars especially when the make no longer exists.
Rover paris if it still exists after the collapse may be a route and I may try Gaydon for help.
These certificates can cost from £100 upwards for one sheet of paper not a bad job if you can get it.
Will keep hunting.

Stewart
joeone62
Minor Friendly

Re: Certificate of Conformity

Post by joeone62 »

Hi, I'm in Italy and would like to get my Morris registered here in Italy that would allow me use my Morris every day. Also here they are asking me the certificat of conformity to get it done and I really don't know where to start from. I have also tried to contact rover here but I found them quite confused and really I don't think that it will get me anywhere. The other day I requested the famous è heritage certificate together with a technical specifications document in the hope that it will get me through this complicated situation. Has anyone out there have any other suggestions or has already had this kind of experience in Italy?

palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by palacebear »

May be a bit off-thread here but in 2007 I imported a 1997 Toyota from Japan. A Hilux Surf - never made for UK market. I had to have it inspected by VOSA (now DVSA ??) who issued a Single Vehicle Type Approval certificate so it could then be MOT tested and UK registered. Same rules apply to kit-cars including UK built ones. Basically the car has to comply with construction and use regulations relevant to its age. As an EU member state I would expect that France has its own equivalent of VOSA / DVSA. Their role would be to ensure items such as lights, emissions, seatbelts meet French legal requirements pertinent to the age of the vehicle.
1956 4-door called Max
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

There is no COC available for Minors in France (or elsewhere), in France you need to get a FFVE attestation and then apply for a carte grise collection. I have covered this topic before in previous posts, but if anyone needs more info please feel free to email me . I can help you get Minors or other classics registered in France, the French club keeps up to date on this.
For Italy or anywhere else, look into classic registration law in your country, try asking the various British Classic Clubs if there isn't a Minor club.
Ian46
Minor Fan

Post by Ian46 »

Further to Palacebear's thread above, the SVA has since been superseded by the Individual Vehicle Approval (IVA) test which is slightly more onerous. I know as I am building a kit car and will be applying for an IVA test soon.

The system is run by VOSA and covers all vehicles, imports, kit cars etc. Details of what is required to get a car to pass can be found here https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... get-a-pass

I don't think a Morris Minor would pass the current regulations without some modifications to the exterior and interior projections change of steering wheel and steering column for quick examples.

Ian
Busy collecting parts for my '52 MM Convertible and 1949 Saloon restorations. :o