Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Judge
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Judge »

mike.perry wrote: I was on the Blenheim 50 anniversary team
And very well organised it was too Mike. One I will always remember.
Bill Hewlett

Oxon & Berks Branch Chairman - MOT-UK Organiser (see http://www.blurb.com/books/1518384 and http://www.blurb.com/books/2422813)
Oxon & Berks Website: http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox/
dalebrignall
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by dalebrignall »

i had great fun at the rally,your not going to please everyone.propper toliets,are essential in my view,a lot cleaner and less smelly.they were clean though.i felt sorry for you that stayed all weekend,and not being able to wash your hair,mine gets mingging if i dont wash it every day.a good turn out of traders,the jlh event looked excellant,and the burger van was selling good quality grub.would have been better if it was not next to the toliets,sort of sends out the wrong message.also we need to give the children some decent entertainment i was scared of clowns when i was a child.face painting,scruffest dog competion,hands and feet painting.i dont have kids but i think this would be a good move.thats the moaning over i had great fun with the website crowd,well done louise for your updates.
[sig]5641[/sig]
mckenzie
Minor Friendly

Post by mckenzie »

This was our first time, I came down with my 2 eldest sons (12 & 15) we had a fantastic weekend thanks to the northampton bunch we camped with, Ellis (15) now wants a moggy for his first car after seeing Andrews car (sidney61), the Elvis party was great, met many nice people who new a lot about minors, learn`t a fair bit of what and what not to do.

Did think there was going to be more traders than there was, still had plenty of bargains mind, many thanks to all the organisers for putting on a great weekend at a fab venue, can not wait for the next one

Tony, Ellis, Dylan
alzax3
Minor Fan

Post by alzax3 »

I can only say that you only had to ask Louise if you wanted to find anyone! :D
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

I had a great time too, thanks Louise M for looking after us all so well :D And thanks Cam, Gill, Jon and Lou for you hospitality on the rather deserted campsite Sunday night.

It was nice to meet a few more new faces too. I'm looking forward to next year :)
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

MColes
Minor Legend

Post by MColes »

Was good to meet you Andy.

Tried to find you to say we were leaving Sunday instead of Monday as planned but we couldn't :oops:
Matt Coles
Young Members Registrar

Find out more about the Young Members Register HERE
Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

No worries :)
It was great to meet you too Matt (and Kris) and thanks for giving me a lift in Tim!
I felt slightly out of place on Sunday as my tent was isolated in the middle of the field after everyone around me had left! :o :)
Last edited by Sidney'61 on Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

Sorry Andy, but I was too tired to help you move it nearer! :lol:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

To set the record straight, will the MMOC be officially commenting on why there were no showers?

On site, I heard a few times that some company had reneged at the last minute as Glastonbury was a bigger contract for them. If this is true, what company was it, Haynes, or someone brought in by MMOC.

Had any money been paid to this company and if so will it be refunded?

I'm going back up with another club next month and would like to warn them against using the same company.