Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
sid
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Spotted today.

Post by sid »

earlier this week,i followed a well-used Trav into Nottingham.paintwork and wood all faded.looked like a non-standard exhaust too.
and yesterday,not a Morris,but i overtook a glorious blue/white 'J' reg Commer PB 8) is this one known to our Panky i wonder?
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

should have said..the Commer was on the Warwick by-pass,Coventry area.
morris van
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by morris van »

There was a nice early green convertible parked in my road in Bovingdon when I came this afternoon.

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Amazing Austin A30 AS3, 1953, in Belper today. He lives less than a mile from us but I've never seen it before. Same colour as my '55...Chelsea Grey. But much rarer.
TDV102
Minor Addict

Post by TDV102 »

Saw a Minor in town today TPY 9**, a 1959 2 door in black. I remember seeing the same car about town way back in the early 80s. Somehow it looks almost the same 'well used but solid' as it has for over 30 years. Must have come through a timewarp.
Good home offered for custom splittie
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Spotted today in the Habberley area. Clipper Blue saloon with a cream or white roof heading at a cracking pace along the A442 in the general direction of Bridgnorth.
1956 4-door called Max
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Not spotted live, but I was in a second hand bookshop in Colchester yesterday and spotted the attached photo. Does anyone know anything about the Morris or the circumstances of its finding or sale ?

It looks like Paskell and Cann were a local Colchester Auctioneers but no longer extant
Attachments
IMG_1610.jpg
IMG_1610.jpg (108.95 KiB) Viewed 3606 times
TDV102
Minor Addict

Post by TDV102 »

Yet another in Northallerton, tidy D plate 2 door. Hardly any for years and now a whole rash of them!
Good home offered for custom splittie
whyperion
Minor Fan

Post by whyperion »

Been wandering around bits of Ealing lately and there is an Austin A40 rusting away in a garden and a Split Screen Morris Minor High Headlights 4 door turning to rust on the road (having the advantage of Tax , but no MOT I guess). I've no space or money to take them on as my own Traveller is going off to the restorers this month.
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

whyperion wrote:Been wandering around bits of Ealing lately and there is an Austin A40 rusting away in a garden and a Split Screen Morris Minor High Headlights 4 door turning to rust on the road (having the advantage of Tax , but no MOT I guess). I've no space or money to take them on as my own Traveller is going off to the restorers this month.
sad to see old classics like those 2 rotting away :( is it an A40 'farina'?
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

whyperion wrote:Been wandering around bits of Ealing lately and there is an Austin A40 rusting away in a garden and a Split Screen Morris Minor High Headlights 4 door turning to rust on the road (having the advantage of Tax , but no MOT I guess). I've no space or money to take them on as my own Traveller is going off to the restorers this month.
I was passing through Ealing/Acton quite some while ago and noticed a beige split-screen Traveller looking very dilapidated in a front garden near Ealing Common Station.

More recently, also west(-ish) London, a rare early '70s Simca 1100 rusting away next to a Montego Vanden Plas in the garden of a house opposite the National Physics Laboratory in Teddington.
1956 4-door called Max
morris van
Minor Legend

Post by morris van »

I saw them on street view and their was a red Ford Anglia parked on the street outside the same house.

whyperion
Minor Fan

Post by whyperion »

sid wrote:
sad to see old classics like those 2 rotting away :( is it an A40 'farina'?
Yep its a Farina so I think from checking its RWD with the Austin 1098 Engine/Gearbox per A35 and Morris1000 (1098)
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

Aside from my own, the only Minor I see fairly regularly, is a green 2 door (Looks in good order) but I saw a real rarity a day or so back; a Reliant Scimitar SS1.

I have remarked that in the 30+ years, that I have been going to classic car events, the cars haven't changed and that what was in the car park 30 years ago, hasn't now found it's way into the event. I think that since the 1980s, cars have got more complex and less restorable, so what's happened hasn't surprised me. As a small example, Triumph TR sportscars, up to the 6, had wooden or metal dashboards, whilst the TR7/8 had a plastic one, that becomes brittle with age. It may well be available (I don't know), as a spare but the point has been made that it's not so easy to repair as a wooden or metal dash. The use of plastics is now widespread and if they are no available as spares, what do you do? As to electronics.....I won't even go there.
stag36587
Minor Legend

Post by stag36587 »

Lovely trafalgar blue traveller passed me on the opposite side yesterday on the A4 near Calne
]
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

sid wrote:earlier this week,i followed a well-used Trav into Nottingham.paintwork and wood all faded.looked like a non-standard exhaust too.
and yesterday,not a Morris,but i overtook a glorious blue/white 'J' reg Commer PB 8) is this one known to our Panky i wonder?
Quite possibly :D
Where about did you see it?
sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

panky wrote:
sid wrote:earlier this week,i followed a well-used Trav into Nottingham.paintwork and wood all faded.looked like a non-standard exhaust too.
Quite possibly :D
Where about did you see it?
Warwick by-pass,panky..was it you? :)
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Not me (my Auto-Sleeper is Triumph Damson and the Jennings is hearing aid beige :D ) but I know of a few blue and white ones.
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

From the Guardian 'Selection of photos on the subject of Old' - the back of a rather battered Minor.Anyone know it ?

SAD831, rather appropriate really !

https://www.theguardian.com/community/g ... SApp_Other
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

Anyone else noticed this one...?
TV commercial for Vodafone featuring actor Martin Freeman (Dr Watson in Sherlock) travelling in a green split-screen 4-door 'taxi' to a beach location.
1956 4-door called Max