Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
cammy-p
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Spotted today.

Post by cammy-p »

New topic , "spotted today " , when your out and about in your every day travels wherever you are in the country , if you spot a morris minor , place the details on here, i.e make model = colour = reg ending in ... =where you saw it = see if its a members car from the site ...
Its a good way of getting to chat and mix with other minor owners also it may surprise you how many are in your own area that you dident know plus a good way of locating other unloved and unfinished minors that may be sitting in someones yard = garden = drive ....
Hope some of you like this idea !! , looking forward to seeing the feedback on this for a topic ...cam. :D
This is "Ruby" ..
sgray
Minor Fan

Re: Spotted today.

Post by sgray »

Saw a green four door sensibly parked outside the Nettlebed sale today (Oxfordshire) - we ventured in to the car park and nearly got stuck in the mud !
1970 Minor 1000 Pickup - Blue
Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire borders
Oxon & Berks MMOC branch member and webmaster - http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox

cammy-p
Minor Fan

Post by cammy-p »

Thats the idea , i spotted a nice blue minor , my m8 johns lol , central scotland holiday park ... :lol: ,its being used every day even in the snow ...mad ...[frame]Image[/frame]
This is "Ruby" ..
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

i spotted a nice blue saloon in stalbans parked up where the bus garage used to be .
[sig]5641[/sig]
cammy-p
Minor Fan

Post by cammy-p »

I see this idea has fallen flat on its face :( , oh well , thanks to those of you that had a go ..
Seems i had posted it in the wrong section , working better now :D , with thanks ... :wink:
Last edited by cammy-p on Thu Mar 18, 2010 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This is "Ruby" ..
bpr81a
Minor Legend

Post by bpr81a »

Actually, the problems forum probably isn't the best place!

I'll move it to General Discussion...

Jon Rocke
hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

spodded a van under some sheets in leyland last weekend :D
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
PSL184
Minor Legend

Post by PSL184 »

I see a blue convertible on the M42 most mornings.....
[sig]8426[/sig]

Compare the Minors - Simples !! http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Main 'problem' likely is that most Minors are still safely tucked away for the winter! The only one I have spotted recently (last week) was lying in the scrappy at Newmains - looking out the gates - obviously hopeful someone would 'save' it!!
ImageImage
Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

My parents spotted a two-door saloon in Bolivar a few days ago, sitting on a trailer! I'll have pictures for you all in a few days. This makes the fourth or possibly fifth Minor in the Ozarks, including my own, that I know of.
In addition to the trailered one, I came across a Moggie in the Springfield area on Weather Underground: http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/vie ... lideanchor
I was quite interested to come across it. In sort of a state of disrepair, though. Nonetheless, I'm intent on going and finding it.
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!
Come read about my Minor at An American Moggie.

foghorn14
Minor Friendly

Post by foghorn14 »

Fingolfin wrote:My parents spotted a two-door saloon in Bolivar a few days ago, sitting on a trailer! I'll have pictures for you all in a few days. This makes the fourth or possibly fifth Minor in the Ozarks, including my own, that I know of.
In addition to the trailered one, I came across a Moggie in the Springfield area on Weather Underground: http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/vie ... lideanchor
I was quite interested to come across it. In sort of a state of disrepair, though. Nonetheless, I'm intent on going and finding it.
The Bolivar Morris is mine. There is a Traveller in the garage too!
Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

Well I'll be a monkey's uncle, that's your Minor?! I should have known! Well, I suppose now we know where you live. :D I did know about the Traveller, but I didn't know you'd got a saloon.
The way to a man's heart may be making food, but the way to my heart is buying me car parts!

Ondergard
Minor Fan

Post by Ondergard »

Enough of the local chit-chat, fin. Back to your drawing board - you're supposed to be designing the New Minor I'm selling to people over here!
Pembrokeshire - God's Own County!
Fingolfin
Minor Legend

Post by Fingolfin »

HaHA! Slavedriver much, Ondergard? :D You'll get a design next week, when I have time. At the moment I'm occupied with midterm tests. (This is one of my few distractions, and thank heaven for it.)

twincamman
Minor Fan

Post by twincamman »

foghorn14 wrote:
Fingolfin wrote:My parents spotted a two-door saloon in Bolivar a few days ago, sitting on a trailer! I'll have pictures for you all in a few days. This makes the fourth or possibly fifth Minor in the Ozarks, including my own, that I know of.
The Bolivar Morris is mine. There is a Traveller in the garage too!
A four-door Minor's gotta be rare in the US!
simona1
Minor Fan
Location: Chairman West Yorkshire MMOC, Ossett, Wakefield, West Yorkshire

Post by simona1 »

Delivering in Barnsley today I saw a light blue traveller couldn't see registration

WPR678B
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by WPR678B »

Saw the reflection of the Minor pick up i was driving in a shop window today. Does that count??!! :roll: :lol: :oops: :roll:

ASL642
Minor Maniac

Post by ASL642 »

:roll: :lol:

Lou Rocke
MMOC 43512
Ondergard
Minor Fan

Post by Ondergard »

Every time I drive up to North Wales along the coast road from here, I see two minors parked up. One between Aberaeron and Aberystwyth - a grey Traveller (with some sixties-style flower decals on the side) 310 BLX (you can guess why I remember that number plate if you watch Only Connect!); and one just outside Aberystwyth itself, a grey saloon, reg is LVS 729. Depending on whether its garage is open, I often see a white saloon on the road between Dolgellau and Tywyn - GFF 147.

Then, of course, Animal Jack's two minors - one a Trav and the other a van - I see regularly outside his house in Pembroke Ferry.
Pembrokeshire - God's Own County!
jackcranfield
Minor Friendly

Post by jackcranfield »

Saw two Morris Minors on the TV program 'Country House Rescue' (channel 4, 8:00) today, a Traveller and convertible :D
[sig]10889[/sig]