Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
limegreen
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Spotted today.

Post by limegreen »

sky blue traveller yesterday going past chepstow hospital, and another saloon in the same blue on the way into lydney on sunday (:
pfgiz
Minor Addict

Post by pfgiz »

Today I had to drive from Hinckley to Shrewsbury on the A5. During this pleasant journey I saw;

firstly, on the way out of Hinkley on the A5, I spotted a garden full of Minors. I think I counted 4 but there could be more.
Second, A5 between Cannock and Telford, nice green saloon heading towards Cannock.
Lastly, A5 in Wellington, a lovely grey saloon.

Usually don't see any then a load on one trip....
Peter Gisby.

Sidney'61
Minor Legend

Post by Sidney'61 »

Coming home down the M1 today a joined a convoy with a Mk1 e-type, MGB roaster and Triumph TR6.

I also spotted a Maroon minor saloon with a boot rack in the petrol station at the M1(S) leicester services.
Andy W____________1961 2-door 948cc (Sidney)_____________1963 2-door 1275cc (Emily)_______

Ondergard
Minor Fan

Post by Ondergard »

On Saturday morning, saw a brown soft-top with a cream hood pootling round the M25 not far from the M1 turn-off. Didn't get the reg, and Mrs Ondergard wouldn't let me slow enough to allow the Mog to catch up.... anyone on here claim it?
Pembrokeshire - God's Own County!
alex_holden
Minor Legend

Post by alex_holden »

For the past couple of weeks (at least) there's been a rose taupe saloon parked outside the MOT bay of a garage on the A470 between Llandinam and Llanidloes. Not sure if it's for sale.

Rumoured rather than spotted: a builder I met yesterday said one of his customers is a lady in her nineties who still drives a split screen traveller.
ImageImage
Alex Holden - http://www.alexholden.net/
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer.
HarryMango
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by HarryMango »

Yesterday I was caught in a queue on A35 nr Axminster - sadly caused by a broken down OEW convertible as I passed they were attaching a rope to pull it clear - I couldn't stop as would have caused a far worse queue :oops:

Rog
sgray
Minor Fan

Post by sgray »

Saw a grey 2 door in a petrol station in Reading this morning. It had an unusual all numeric number plate.
1970 Minor 1000 Pickup - Blue
Oxfordshire/Buckinghamshire borders
Oxon & Berks MMOC branch member and webmaster - http://www.bucksinfo.net/mogbox

SteveandKelly
Minor Fan

Post by SteveandKelly »

Didn't Guernsey have all numerical number plates at one time ?

britab1967
Minor Fan

Post by britab1967 »

Passed a yellow traveller in Stafford the other week, and then saw it again near Pottle Pool island on Cannock Chase last week. Unusual as everything was painted yellow, including the wood. (Well not everything, the windows were clear and the rubber black, but you know what I mean)
Knebworth 2011 National Rally
Sky and Molly

nigelr2000
Minor Addict

Post by nigelr2000 »

Spotted parked in Magdalen street Norwich today, Bright yellow pickup think it was K reg but was concentrating too much on driving at the time

I intend to live forever.....so far so good

The other place to be :- http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

lots of yellows about! yesterday about 4:45 between coleford and st briavels - bright yellow saloon
sgray
Minor Fan

Post by sgray »

Saw a pale blue saloon (can't remember what that colour is called) in Waterstock, Oxon at the weekend

Timbohan
Minor Friendly

Post by Timbohan »

Saw a dark blue pick up a couple of days ago in near Fort William. I've not seen many minors this far north except at rallies although there is a traveller around Elgin and another one on the Black Isle (Fortrose I think it was)
SteveandKelly
Minor Fan

Post by SteveandKelly »

Almond Green Traveller this morning on the A367 going towards Bath. Couldn't get the Reg...

docgibbons
Minor Fan

Post by docgibbons »

spotted this one in sidmouth on hols last week. travelled from ross on wye to dorset, for five days, and asked my partner to guess how many mogs we would see in that time. i guessed 15, she guessed 10. total? Three.[frame]Image[/frame]
limegreen
Minor Fan

Post by limegreen »

I was all over somerset since friday lunch time, didn't see ONE other mog! Did the drive down to Taunton, then around the surrounding area, then back up home via Glastonbury on saturday. Millions of beetles and a triumph stag. Rose behaved the best she ever has - though we did have a little starter motor trouble as soon as I got home. Refused to start, clicked. So I asked dad, he told me just to put it in 2nd with the handbrake off and push it backwards a bit until it clicked. Was absoloutely fine then!
sgray
Minor Fan

Post by sgray »

Saw another blue pickup in Wendover today - waved lots - what's the chances..? I think it was an Austin as the grille was different.

minormadman
Minor Friendly

Post by minormadman »

Spotted yesterday Sunday 10-7-10, on the west bound carriageway of the A64 about 6 miles from York, a traveller being towed (A Frame system) , it may have been OEW or a real dirty SW ,couldn't get a pic I was driving into York 0603 on the eastbound carriageway. I cannot remember the tow car but it looked like a larger of the MPV types.
All help and advice offered, is all good help received- thanks.
Temeraire Club-swinger 1959-1984

http://mog.myfreeforum.org/index.php
docgibbons
Minor Fan

Post by docgibbons »

having spotted only three in five days driving from ross to dorset, and touring around all week, then back again (ps didn't use much motorway, where you'd expect not to see many) i was wondering which areas are densly populated moggie wise. Or not. I am in Ross on Wye, fairly small town, and i know of four (including mine) running around regularly. On the other hand, in the nearest other town to me - Monmouth - can't recall ever having seen another one.
Trabantdave
Minor Friendly

Post by Trabantdave »

Out and about in sunny Southsea on sunday, saw a white G-plate saloon on the seafront and a bright yellow saloon following; on the way we spotted a blue convertible in a Sainsburys somewhere near Esher.

Hello to you folks!

Magdalena & Trabantdave, in the Old English White '60 four-door :D :D :D

PS, Almost forgot! A green saloon in West Drayton yesterday!