By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
aupickup
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

insurances

Post by aupickup »

i am normally with footman james
thought i would have a look at insurances on line
cheapest quote i got was £68.25 mileage 15000 a year( not footman james )

also includes european breakdown
windscreen cover
roadside and breakdown cover
agreed valuation up to £5000
garaged car ( but makes no difference if not )
age 58
legal cover
courtesy car
audio cover
contents of car cover
commuting to work

no difference for being a member of a club
Last edited by aupickup on Sun Feb 28, 2010 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
LouiseM

Re: insurances

Post by LouiseM »

Does that quote include agreed value, UK & Europe accident and breakdown cover, roadside assistance, legal protection and personal injury cover? I renewed my insurance last month and having trawled through various insurance sites and received several on-line quotes I couldn't find anyone that could offer the same level of cover as I had previously for cheaper than Footman James. And my FJ premium was less than last year :D

My point is that insurance is a personal thing that relies on all sorts of variables - age of driver, driving history, location, whether garaged, annual mileage etc etc. So whilst some members may well be able to get cheaper insurance elsewhere as a result of their particular circumstances, others won't. As has been said many times on here, always shop around first and compare the actual levels of cover provided. Cheapest isn't always best!

Eric - 1971 Traveller
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

i will amend my posting
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

My insurance premiums have been creaping up over the years and through discussions with my local branch members it appeared that my premiums were higher than most other branch members.
I obtained a substantially lower quote from another classic car insurer and quoted this amount to FJ and immediately obtained a 25% reduction in my premium.
[sig]3580[/sig]
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

well done mike waay to go :D :D :D
DanRodd
Minor Fan

Post by DanRodd »

ive been with fj since i started driving in 2007,all on classics,on there young classic car drivers policy.currently,its costing me £465 a year.ive done the same as aupickup and had an online browse at another classic insurer,and got an online(usually more than on the phone) quote of £199.will be looking into this when its due later in the year :D

hotrodder13
Minor Legend

Post by hotrodder13 »

ive got a quote for when mine runs out in april and it hasnt changed, 900 fullyp comp and im a year older, went up to 1200 when i told them the mods. but they said that they dont do no claims as well
i tryed 3 other insurance places but they wouldnt insure me because of my age.
went on a comparison website and my cheapest was 2200 tpf&f
so i think ill stay with fj.
freshly painted 1275cc anda very loud big bore exhaust
santadawes
Minor Addict

Post by santadawes »

It's a funny old game this insurance lark. two years ago I got a quote for my Morris at £125. ish. whit a company certain company. The year befor that I was with Anon. As this quote was a better rate I took it up. Then last May my insurance company contacted me and asked for a renew at £120.00 a saving of £5. Before taking up the offer I went on line at a compare the insurance site only to find that for the same insurance as 2008 i only had to pay £68.odd. I also added Breakdown cover.
What surprised me was that the company that I went with in 2008 IS THE SAME as the one as 2009. I will be awaiting to see what offers I can get this year.

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Come on then Dennis - spill the beans - we are allowed to name companies, just not to 'shame' them. So it's ok to name the Company with the lowest quote.
ImageImage
alanworland
Minor Legend

Post by alanworland »

My 'work' vehicle insurance came up a couple of weeks ago, not expensive (Hastings) but what did seem expensive was the legal cover part - £26.99
Anyway we have 4 cars and a bike in the household and remembered that the RAC do legal cover, so with £25 ish per policy in mind I rang them and they do a fantastic legal cover scheme, not just motoring any where in Europe for the two of us for £25 ! a potential saving of £100!
Worth a call (you don't have to be in the RAC)
lottieisdamned
Minor Friendly

Post by lottieisdamned »

Mine was very good considering im only 23 and have only been driving since December. £253, i was impressed.