Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
pfgiz
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Another Year.....

Post by pfgiz »

The Traveller passed it's MOT on Monday, so here starts another year of Family classic motoring...

Last year we did 10,000 miles in the old girl who just needed a few little tweaks, brake adjusting etc, for the test.

She seems to have developed a small problem with the fuel pump and wants to cut out every now and again, so need to spend the hour to overhaull the pump and reset the points, an hours fuel pump check every 12,000 miles doesn't seem excessive.

Wanted to say thanks to the guy who stopped to see what the problem was on the way back from the tesing station on Monday. He owns a Pick-Up and a Saloon and lent me a hand sorting the pump out by the road side.

Now all I need to do is re-build the 948 and my Saloon will be back on the road.......... mmmmmmmmmm
Peter Gisby.

bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Re: Another Year.....

Post by bmcecosse »

Great success -well done. 10k is a LOT!!
ImageImage
Stig
Minor Addict

Post by Stig »

bmcecosse wrote:Great success -well done. 10k is a LOT!!
Naah, I've be doing about that every year since I got my Traveller in the early Nineties.

Sadly my MOT last week didn't go as well, but it's nothing that can't be fixed. Congrats on another year's ticket though!
chrisd87
Minor Addict

Post by chrisd87 »

10k is about the average mileage for a car (if not slightly under these days), so if you use your Minor every day then it's not difficult to do. I've done 10k in the past year. Haven't done it for 20 years on the trot though!
[img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/chrisd87/DSC00749.jpg[/img][img]http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/chrisd87/med_gallery_128_45_1416415.jpg[/img]
Sarah - 1970 Minor 1000 2-dr
Maggie - 1969 Minor 1000 4-dr
aupickup
Minor Maniac

Post by aupickup »

i do abouit 10k every year rain or shine summer and winter

well its the only car i have :D :D
pfgiz
Minor Addict

Post by pfgiz »

Thanks for the comments guys, it is the Family run-about. I do get some people wonder why we drive it instead of a modern but they don't get the smiles and waves we do......

I was reminded today at work that she probably went through so easily as I spend a weekend every couple of months sorting all of the little niggles instead of them piling up and all needing fixing for the MOT. I wouldn't spend so long looking at a car if I had a modern but then I'd be so much out of pocket, with TAX and garage fees, and I wouldn't smile so much when driving......

Long live classic motoring...!!!!!!!! ( and the Morris Minor)
Peter Gisby.