Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
boydogs
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

NEC CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 2013

Post by boydogs »

NEC. 15,16,17th. Classic Motor Show, Nov.2013. I would like to hear your comments. Advanced Booking Online Fri =£25 Adult Sat=£18.50 Sun=£18.50. Seniors =same prices.
[On the door prices] Adults are Fri=£27.50 Sat=£21.50 Sun=£21.50 Seniors = £25 £18.50 £18.50
All the above prices ADD £1.25 for transaction fee.
My main concern is that the above prices include a SHOWGUIDE valued at £7.50 No choice you have to have one.

The MMOC discount = £16.50 plus £1.25 but this price only applies Sat, Sun.
Comments please as i think its a rip off.
Nutts
Minor Friendly

Re: NEC CLASSIC MOTOR SHOW 2013

Post by Nutts »

I guess it make EventCity 20/21st September look cheap at £15,00 each ?

http://www.manchesterclassiccarshow.com/tickets/

I notice no MMOC Club stand ?

Peter
simmitc
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by simmitc »

Manchester show - who's ever heard of that? Some little parochial affair :-?

NEC - I'm torn, I want it to be a success with the culmination of Morris 100 celebrations; but frankly those prices are a discrace, and the only way to get the message over must be to vote with the feet, and just not go. Surely it's an unfair contract term to force you to buy a programme that you don't want? Booking fees are an absolute scourge, and should be outlawed :evil:
AntB
Minor Fan

Post by AntB »

Hold on. Pre-booked for the weekend days for £19, plus the guide cost? Or am I missing something?

It's once a year yeah?
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

It is sponsored by your very own MMOC approved insurance company
[sig]3580[/sig]
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

what a rip off :o
63V8
Minor Friendly

Post by 63V8 »

Don't forget to add on the car park cost as well at £10 or £20 :roll:

http://www.thenec.co.uk/visiting-us/car-parking/

Dave@FJ

Post by Dave@FJ »

mike.perry wrote:It is sponsored by your very own MMOC approved insurance company
The Manchester show is sponsored by Footman James

We no longer sponsor the NEC event
Rustymogg

Post by Rustymogg »

Take the train - just booked my lad & me for about £14 return for both of us (from Wigan).
Would have liked to go on the Friday as Saturday last year was like Xmas shopping on Oxford St., but £25 a head is too much, so we'll see what we can on Saturday. Can't miss an entire Morris hall! :wink:
boydogs
Minor Friendly

Post by boydogs »

Forgot to mention the car parking,as no mention of car parking on adds, If it was free it would have been plastered all over the add. I would have liked to go but with all the costs inc petrol it would cost me £60/£70 so thats one customer lost.
AntB
Minor Fan

Post by AntB »

i'm definitely not going to my office Christmas party this year. definitely not going in my Traveller.

can i start a post on that? :roll:
PhilR
Minor Fan

Post by PhilR »

Maybe just my opinion but I don't think its bad value considering what other "attractions" cost nowadays.
If last years show is anything to go by, it's a fantastic event with loads to see and all undercover so no issues with the British climate affecting it! We couldn't get around everything last year as there was so much there. Given the Morris Centenary thing, I would say it's even more reason to go this year.
No-one forces you to go so I guess if you think it's a rip off, don't go.
One gripe I do have though is that there never seems to be any offers from the club to members who would be interested in displaying their cars on the club stand. I have never seen anything in the club magazine or on here. From what I have heard its a bit of a closed shop, hence perhaps why you never seen anything about it.
It's shame as perhaps there are willing owners/volunteers out there who would be willing to do their fair share manning the stand.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

the show has been taken over by a London based firm ,I heard today that next year it will move to London .

Best to park in Marston Green ,one stop down the line from the NEC/B'ham airport train station,less traffic ,shorter walk and you will find your car much sooner !!! and it's cheaper :D
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

Hi
Does any know who to contact,with a view to showing cars at the NEC for the MM stand?
Cheers Alex
all thoughts are given in good faith but..." You pays your money and takes your choice"

[/color]
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

Classic Car Show Organiser, details in Minor Matters.
lambrettalad
Minor Legend

Post by lambrettalad »

Ta :D
Cheers Alex

[/color]
AntB
Minor Fan

Post by AntB »

AntB wrote:Hold on. Pre-booked for the weekend days for £19, plus the guide cost? Or am I missing something?

It's once a year yeah?
I misread, the price includes the programme price, so pre-booked the Saturday or Sunday is £18.50 all in for access.
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

lambrettalad wrote:the show has been taken over by a London based firm ,I heard today that next year it will move to London .

Best to park in Marston Green ,one stop down the line from the NEC/B'ham airport train station,less traffic ,shorter walk and you will find your car much sooner !!! and it's cheaper :D

Exactly what I did last year when i visted the Top Gear Live show that DIDN'T have the Classic show attached to it as it had in the past. :x
Car parking is an absolute rip off there now. :evil:

I shall be going though, as it's a fine day out, and I don't think the entry fee is too bad considering all there is to see there tbh.
alexandermclaren
Minor Addict

Post by alexandermclaren »

63V8 wrote:Don't forget to add on the car park cost as well at £10 or £20 :roll:

http://www.thenec.co.uk/visiting-us/car-parking/

Gee whiz glad I dident go then

LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

For those of you planning to attend this event, an update was given at the recent branch liaison meeting so here are the details:

The centenary display has been two years in the planning and will be in Hall 17. There will be 22 cars, from a 1913 Bullnose through to a 1984 Ital. Organisers are still looking for a Morris Mini Minor & P40 Farina to display so if anyone can help please contact Keith Haigh (contact details in Minor Matters). There will be a separate MMOC stand but as the size of this has been reduced this year unfortunately members will not be able to leave coats, bags etc there as has happened previously.

Hospitality will be available on the Morris Register & MMOC stands and Sir Stirling Moss will be visiting the club stand on Saturday morning.

Could members please keep hold of their ticket stubs and hand these in at the club stand as the club will receive £1 for every stub received. This will help towards the cost of the stand.

A prize draw will take place on Sunday. Thanks to the traders who have donated prizes.

Eric - 1971 Traveller