New arrival

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Hongenguy
MMOC Member: No

New arrival

Post by Hongenguy »

To join the Morris Minor Traveller which I bought from Richard Edmonds auctions last year I have just purchased a 1947 Morris 8 Series E. Any idea which is the best club to join for this particular car for spares e.g. boot lid, door window rubbers, etc ?
I am really enjoying the Traveller and have had to move the seats back to give more leg room when driving.
PhilR
Minor Fan

Re: New arrival

Post by PhilR »

I also have a 68 Traveller and 47 Series E! The best club for the SE is the Morris Register. Found them very helpful with advice. I am in the process of sympathetically restoring my SE. Parts are expensive compared to the Minor as not much is reproduced. I have found that you either buy good second hand or new old stock. Looking forward to getting on the road though.
Hongenguy

Post by Hongenguy »

Hi Phil, thanks for the reply. Have just ordered a new service kit for the E and some rubber mouldings from Woolies. The whole car really needs a respray but it has come up quite well with a good T-cut. There are some patches where the paint has come off and there is a bit of surface rust so I'll see what it looks like when sorted. There are some scabby bits on the bottom of the doors and boot lid is worst bit. Anyhow, it's keeping me occupied. I'll post some pics when I get chance.
Stuart[frame]Image[/frame]
PhilR
Minor Fan

Post by PhilR »

PM sent!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I had 3 of them - 50 years ago now.... Got two of them 'on the road' - the other was wrecked as we hammered it round the yard where we were allowed to keep it - at age 16. :roll: :lol: Brush painted the last one with proper coach enamel and special 'slow drying' thinners - it came up beautifully in a deep maroon -the brush marks just melted away as it dried.
ImageImage
Hongenguy

Post by Hongenguy »

That sounds a good idea. Any idea which particular brand of coach paint you used?
Stuart
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

bmcecosse wrote:I had 3 of them - 50 years ago now.... Got two of them 'on the road' - the other was wrecked as we hammered it round the yard where we were allowed to keep it - at age 16. :roll: :lol: Brush painted the last one with proper coach enamel and special 'slow drying' thinners - it came up beautifully in a deep maroon -the brush marks just melted away as it dried.
Roy's just celebrated his 50th birthday btw!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Sorry - I have no idea now....it was a lonnnnnngggg time ago now! And 'I wish' I was only about to celebrate my 50th..... Can only suggest you contact this Company... http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Tekaloid-318- ... 3a6fa5ca2c and ask their advice re brush application.
Last edited by bmcecosse on Sun Jan 19, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

You will find the Morris Eight Information Manual from the Morris Register very useful
[sig]3580[/sig]
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Imagine Roy in a retirement home(?), residents would run to the hills,
being bombarded by Coils & Breather-less rocker covers!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
dalebrignall
Minor Legend

Post by dalebrignall »

and 9 in woolsley brake drums
[sig]5641[/sig]