My Minor:
A Clarendon Grey 1953 4 Door Series II.
MMOC - 66535

Chipper
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Road trip - what spares?

Post by Chipper »

Yes, while you're at it, why not add a generator, MIG-welder and angle-grinder to the list, just in case you should need to partially rebuild the thing at the side of the road! :lol:
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Compressor and spray gun too.....to keep it tidy looking... :)
ImageImage
james12345
Minor Friendly

Post by james12345 »

Well, thanks you all for your replies - I think that the idea of a trailer is probably a good one, judging by the ever growing list of things to take!!

Things have changed slightly - we'll be going to our house in the Lot region of France (about 550 miles drive from Calais) where we'll be based for 3 months. We'll also be taking a motorhome with us, so it will be a drive through France in convoy. I've looked into towing A-frames: the law is unclear Europe wide, so don't want to take the risk - plus it would appear that fitting may be a problem as well, as the Morris doesn't have "homoligated front crash bars" to fit the A-frame brackets to I've also looked into a car transporter trailer: seems very expensive, and wouldn't get used often enough to justify the outlay, unfortunately.

I think the best plan is to go in convoy, with a decent set of tools / spares in the motorhome, plus this would mean that overnight stopping wouldn't be too much of an issue.
brucek
Minor Addict

Post by brucek »

davidpidge
Minor Fan

Post by davidpidge »

There's a couple of cheap moggies going on ebay at the moment, tow a spare!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1956 Traveller - work in progress

TFM150K
Minor Fan

Post by TFM150K »

Apart from bulbs, points and a known condensor (all of which you can sling in the glove box) your mobile phone and the number of a good, knowledgeable friend is all you really need. Leave the trailer, welding gear, rollover cage, spare car etc at home. But don't forget the factor 50,
:wink:
james12345
Minor Friendly

Post by james12345 »

Yet another change!!! I bought a trailer in the week, so the Moggie will be trailered in a pampered and molly-coddled way all the way there and back.

Will be compiling a list of spares to take, so thanks for all of the input - definitely very useful!