An ( Auto ) Alternative Vacation In South West france.

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
ben_sH
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Re: An ( Auto ) Alternative Vacation In South West france.

Post by ben_sH »

How much would something like the R4 cost over there? I really fancy that, especially with the unusual split tailgate. And I assume there's not a lot left of the 2CV under all that green stuff?

I was in the Loire the other week, and the chap whose place I was staying in had had a '70s 2CV there when I last visited two years ago. This time I was prepared to make him an offer for it - either for myself or my relatives who have just bought a place in S.W. France - and on arriving I found he'd sold the thing a couple of months ago. Straight through the CT, and he got a whopping 1200 euro for it... He seemed to think he'd done well. I was grinding my teeth to stumps.
lowride stepside
Minor Fan

Post by lowride stepside »

I love that part of France .
speed not tweed
Chipper
Minor Addict

Post by Chipper »

Morris Mike wrote:Some of the cars had no great monetary value so will sit here for evermore, just like the one in the next photo.!!!

[frame]Image[/frame]
Actually, Fiat 126s are going up in value nowadays, here in the UK at least. I owned a 1973 594cc one for my first car, before acquiring a 'proper' car, the Minor Traveller. :)
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
Morris Mike
Minor Fan

Post by Morris Mike »

Hello,
When you say they are rising in price, it is still not worth the expense to bring something like this back to the UK in lefthand drive form and try and sell it.
The Renault 4 CV on the other hand would be a good buy.

If you were living in France and wanted a cheap little run around this would fit the bill perhaps.

M.m
Morris Minor Traveller 1961 Modified.
Austin 6cwt Van 1972. Teal Blue
Morris Minor Traveller 1961 Original
Austin A30 Van 1956.
Austin A35 Van 1960
What else is lurking behind those open doors.?.
Chipper
Minor Addict

Post by Chipper »

Indeed, a LHD one would probably be of relatively low value in the UK, unless that is, someone wanted one for use in their villa in Europe, or a Polish immigrant wanted one to remind them of home...
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)
dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

Chipper wrote:Indeed, a LHD one would probably be of relatively low value in the UK, unless that is, someone wanted one for use in their villa in Europe, or a Polish immigrant wanted one to remind them of home...
They made them in Poland until about 2000 I think. I've seen quite a few for sale here on Polish plates still. Not sure how easy to get registered as the Polish ones were always air cooled while the UK ones went over to water cooled for a few years before ending production in about '94?

Those old care are so evocative -
Chipper
Minor Addict

Post by Chipper »

I remember a work colleague back in the late '90s had a water-cooled one, and was forever having problems with it - overheating, blown headgaskets, etc, etc. :roll:
Maurice, E. Kent
(1970 Traveller)