Re: Anyone used this company?

Post by aupickup »

Would certainly want a reprofiled cam shaft and new rockers
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: No

Post by bmcecosse »

" The engine block cylinders are honed and only good/serviceable reclaimed pistons are fitted with new piston rings." So - it's NOT been 'fully reconditioned' . Bull Motif will sell you a FULLY reconditioned engine with guarantee for much the same (maybe less when the exchange is done?).....so why consider this......?
ImageImage
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Aren't considering anything.Just asking if anyone had used these companies.Come to think of it I can't recall anyone on here having said they had bought one from Bull Motif and giving their opinion either so how do I know how good theirs are?Simply exploring my options on whether to get a more standard cam on my1275 or replacing the whole engine with something more suitable.
chickenjohn
Minor Legend

Post by chickenjohn »

bmcecosse wrote:" The engine block cylinders are honed and only good/serviceable reclaimed pistons are fitted with new piston rings." So - it's NOT been 'fully reconditioned' . Bull Motif will sell you a FULLY reconditioned engine with guarantee for much the same (maybe less when the exchange is done?).....so why consider this......?
If there is no wear in the bore then why bore it out when a hone is sufficient!
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Well - I would not buy an engine as 'fully reconditioned' unless it had been bored and new pistons fitted. Not heard any complaints about the Bully engines - nor do I have any experience of them - I simply note that the price for this 'partly reconditioned' engine seems high compared to another source. I've got a box of cams tysonn - if you can wait till next week I'll look them out and check what they are - they are 'trapped in' by my TR7 - which should come out and go on the road next week. If there is a good 'standard' one there you can have it for the post cost!
ImageImage
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Bless you Roy!If you have one it'll work out a lot cheaper than swapping the engine.You can have this(whatever it turns out to be)if its any use to you.
Mick
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

I haven't forgotten about you ! Found 5 cams today - one so badly worn it went straight in the bin..... Two of them are unmarked 3/8" lobe pin drive cams - I'm guessing from 948 engines, and the other two are 1/2" lobe unmarked spider drive cams (and they are in perfectly good useable condition). So - they MUST have come from 1275 engines, since the spider was not used on smaller engines. After a huuuge search... I found 4 spider drive oil pumps - and a SPIDER ! I knew I had it somewhere...these are 'not common' now! Bonus was that it made me have a bit of a garage clear-out, so the time was well spent! The unmarked 1/2" spider cam was used in many versions of the 1275 engine - including Spridgets / Cooper S and 12H Marinas. It will suit you fine! In later engines they used the same basic timings and lift - with the cam timed in 4 degrees advanced - you could do that if you wished. They must have thought there was an advantage! So you need to decide if you want both cams and how many oil pumps - and of course the all important spider. I haven't opened up the oil pumps yet - they all turn easily and one of them I had gone to the trouble of packing it with grease - so I must have thought it (at least) was a good-un. None of it is any use to me -you are welcome to them all -although not much point in the 3/8" lobe cams. Let me know - and I will get a cost for sending them via 'Parcels to Go'.
ImageImage
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

Thanks Roy,sent pm.
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by win »

Roy
If Tysonn does not need both 1/2" 1275 cam shafts, I would be grateful for one, please, if still available.

Regards Win
South Yorkshire
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Trouble is - there is only one spider.... Do you have one ?
ImageImage
win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

Yes I have a spider, thanks.

Regards Win
South Yorkshire
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

Can only be used in a 1275 block. (or 970/1071 Cooper S block) .
ImageImage
win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

I wanted it for my 1275 Midget engine 12cc DH15908.
Mine had a small chip in it, couldn't find a reasonable spare at the time.

Regards Win.
South Yorkshire
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

That's fine then - PM me!
ImageImage