Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Cam
MMOC Member: No

New Interim Webmaster

Post by Cam »

Hi all,

Just to let you all know that effective immediately, I have taken over as Interim Webmaster.

Jon Rocke has stepped down and I have taken over in the short term until a permanent replacement can be found.

Any problems with the website that don't fall under the moderator's remit, please PM me and I'll do my best to try to get it sorted out.

Do bear in mind though that the webmaster is an unpaid voluntary job, and although i'll do my best for us all, I do work full time, so please take this into consideration.

Also, for those who can remember, I used to do this a good few years ago and since that time, Jon has re-vamped the entire website and updated things, so it might take me a while to get to grips with all the modifications, so please be patient!

If you spot anything that's not quite right, please let me know by PM and I'll do my best to get it sorted ASAP.

Thanks,

Cam. :D
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: New Interim Webmaster

Post by irmscher »

Good luck :D
alexandermclaren
Minor Addict

Post by alexandermclaren »

We all appreciate your efforts and hard work in keeping the Website up and running, although we might not show or tell you In as many words To , a lot of members it'sa lifeline to keeping the cars on the road and a major role in keeping in touch with like minded members,so once again from all of us thank you for stepping into the breach :D :D :D

Cam

Post by Cam »

Thanks guys! Much appreciated. :D :D
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

What about a welcome section for new members :D when you have settled in
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

Welcome back. I'm pleased somebody is taking care of this; our web 1.0 experience can hardly be described as optimal. This along with rude moderators and the most uninspiring colour of grey I have ever seen makes for a bland, dismal experience. It's no wonder there's so much grumbling on here...

Just because our cars are over fifty years old, doesn't mean we shouldn't have a modern, fresh, functional web presence.
“The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.” ― Marshall McLuhan
MikeNash
Minor Addict

Post by MikeNash »

Thank you Cam for keeping it going. As one far from other Moggie owners out here in the Hampshire Highlands, this site is essential to me for help and advice. While I suppose it can be improved - nothing's perfect - and we all have our "pet hates" (mine's the not very helpful search facility!) I think that our unpaid moderators and webmaster do a very good job, one quite beyond my capabilities.
MikeN.
Morris Minor, the car of the future. One day they will all look like this!
whyperion
Minor Fan

Post by whyperion »

Re Birdz
If its not broke, don't fix it, forum at least gives content priority over flashy bits etc ( though there is a tweak that should change the grey to blue and the blue writing to white or black, which might look nicer )
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

" along with rude moderators " :o How to win friends..... :roll: Certainly not my experience !!!! Mods have always been perfectly courteous to me :D
ImageImage
irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

I agree with Bidz :D
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

bmcecosse wrote:" along with rude moderators " :o How to win friends..... :roll: Certainly not my experience !!!! Mods have always been perfectly courteous to me :D
As we've identified before - there are many people on this site who don't understand the way words are perceived accross the internet.
“The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.” ― Marshall McLuhan
stephh
Minor Friendly

Post by stephh »

Cheers Cam for taking on this mammoth task - can't be easy!

Hope you're keeping well and looking forward to summer shows x
Owner of Martha and Nancy - both ex-gov disabled blue MMs and Bee, a 1960 4 door in smoke grey.
MMOCYM forever. Join us. https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/MMOCYM/

PS. I blog sometimes www.idriveaclassic.com
mike.perry
Series MM Registrar

Post by mike.perry »

Hi Cam, I think that the post about the LIaison Meeting 21/3/10 can be taken down, there have been several since.
[sig]3580[/sig]
Cam

Post by Cam »

Hi all,

At the National Rally last weekend, I was given the job of Webmaster and joined the National Committee once again.

Just to let you all know, any problems, as before let me and the team know and we'll do our best to get things sorted out for you.
Matt
Minor Legend

Post by Matt »

Congratulations (or commisurations if thats appropriate?) Cam

As an ex moderator (my choice to go as the MMOC wasn't giving me any value for money and mods MUST be members, I will rejoin when my situation changes) who rarely visits here now the job of moderation isn't easy especially when people who don't abide by the rules they signed up to get difficult.

The mods use judgement on the rules and a lot of things which arn't strictly allowed are let go. What happens then is the boundarys get pushed until something has to be done and the mods get the flak for enforcing the rules - it can get extremely annoying telling people again and again and again and communication can become a bit terse. Ultimately the mods let most things go ;)

Also bear in mind the mods are not responsible for the T&Cs of the site (and therefore can't change them - that HAS to be done at committee level)

Have fun out there ;)
Serial Morris Minor Owner and Old Vehicle Nutter
www.facebook.com/transitionclassics
Cam

Post by Cam »

Thanks for the kind words, Matt! :D

I think you have summed up the moderator's role very well. 8)
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

Pleased for you Cam - and thanks for being so industrious in taking so many photographs of the National weekend!
Cam

Post by Cam »

It was a pleasure.

450 of them are here:
http://potteries.mmoc.org.uk/RallyPics/ ... ly2015.htm

The complete lot are on the MMOC facebook page, here:
https://www.facebook.com/MorrisMinorOwnersClub