Welding in Essex

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Ridgewell
MMOC Member: No

Welding in Essex

Post by Ridgewell »

Hi, new member here, I've just passed my test and my first car is, of course, the best car in the world!

It's a 1967 Rose Taupe two door, and (almost) all good. I've started work in catching up with things (mostly maintenance such as oil and filter changing etc so far).

However, in adjusting the driving seat back to the second bolt hole, I've discovered a hole we missed when looking it over. It's just above the cross member on the driver's side right on by the door. Possibly need a new cross member and a plate (hopefully not much else once we get into the sills etc).

I hope it's appropriate to ask this here, but can anyone recommend someone in Essex/East London to carry out the welding?

(Also, same question for fitting a new clutch kit?)

Thanks
tysonn
Minor Legend

Re: Welding in Essex

Post by tysonn »

Welcome to the club.You've made your first mistake.Your car can't be the best car in the world,mine is!Seriously why not contact your local area,details are in the club mag.There could be someone near you who could help you.
Mick
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

Welcome :D There is an Essex branch but the East London branch stopped running years ago. Essex covers a wide area so it might be helpful if you can be a bit more specific about where you are (I'm on the East London/Essex border so might be close to you).

Eric - 1971 Traveller
Ridgewell

Post by Ridgewell »

Hi Thanks for coming back!

I'm in Hornchurch.

Looks like a Sunday afternoon meet of the Essex branch, but I'll have to gig about for the details of when/where etc as it says to "Contact MMOC for details" ?

Tried a local garage for the clutch but they weren't that interested and said they couldn't guarantee the work. Someone who knows Morrises would be ideal.

The car, Maureen, is full of surprises, just found out the n/s front wing isn't bolted on properly (can almost pull it off from the bottom!). Is 'one step forwrd, two steps back' the usual progress?

In the meantime she happily starts up and runs me around.
tysonn
Minor Legend

Post by tysonn »

No its usually one forward three back.
Mick