Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Unimatrix1066
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Car cover

Post by Unimatrix1066 »

Can anyone recommend an all seasons cover for my Morris , for all seasons ideally tailor made
GeordieDave
Minor Fan

Re: Car cover

Post by GeordieDave »

I've ordered one of these until my garage is built, based on the feedback and price. I haven't received it yet so can't 'recommend' it but it might make a good stopgap for you.

http://www.machinemart.co.uk/shop/produ ... ar%20cover.
Unimatrix1066
Minor Friendly

Post by Unimatrix1066 »

I was looking at a tailored one around the 100+ mark been googling there's not much out there!
gtt1951
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by gtt1951 »

Car covers have been discussed in many topics on this forum.
I've got a Stormforce tailored one for my Traveller, but the reseller, P J Classic Car Covers, also sells saloon tailored ons.
He has an eBay presence
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Morris-Minor- ... 1507wt_722
I have had to buy another cover for my Trav, as it wasn't Ginger Cat proof - he has clawed his way all over it.
The replacement has been bought with an extended warranty which covers damage by cats!
If you have wing mirrors, then these need to be rotated "flat" and have "sock covers" put on them.
The other wear point is the bonnet "M" motiff (not bonnet handle as some call it) - cut a small section of foam pipe lagging in half, and tape this on the projection - reduces wear on the inside of the multilayer cover.
You can also obtain additional stick-on patches to place on the inside of the cover in places where your particular car has protrusions.
Motiff protector[frame]Image[/frame]
Wing mirror sock (or use a pocket made up of bubble wrap - I'll be doing that next)[frame]Image[/frame]
Ginger cat (not mine!).[frame]Image[/frame]
I have a Badge Bar on the front of my Traveller which can cause a problem with the cover - if you have one of these, then make sure it is slightly tilted towards the rad grille.
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

My Stormforce failed to 'paper' after 6 months use. Apparently I shouldn't have left it out in the sun. ........ Complete waste of £100.
ImageImage
Unimatrix1066
Minor Friendly

Post by Unimatrix1066 »

I am thinking of poping into esm tomorrow to see there ones, they are not storm force .
If a cover failed surely it's not fit for purpose?
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

You would think so......but that was the story - did I have it on the car in sunshine..... ? :o
ImageImage
panky
Minor Legend

Post by panky »

Scottish sunshine must be really intense :o
gtt1951
Minor Addict

Post by gtt1951 »

bmcecosse wrote:My Stormforce failed to 'paper' after 6 months use. Apparently I shouldn't have left it out in the sun. ........ Complete waste of £100.
Mine is still going, apart from the cat claw holes and I've been using it since January 2014.
My driveway is south facing and I do get a lot of Sun, Wind, Rain and Snow - depends on the season.
I can't fault my cover, maybe BMC had a duff one?
Roy as you only paid £100, how long ago had you bought it?
Mine cost more than that!
George.
'50 Low-light with 918 Side-valve engine,
'51 High-light with Side-valve 918 engine,
'55 4-dr with 803 engine,
'56 Traveller with 1098 engine.
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

It was a few (6>) years ago now -but seriously - the parts facing the sun just disintegrated to nothing in 6 months. I merely relay the true story of what happened to my cover,
ImageImage
PaulTubby
Minor Fan

Post by PaulTubby »

I use storm force covers all year round and there superb. As already said need to put some lagging on the badge to stop it rubbing on the inside of the cover.. also I find in heavy winds if the straps are fitted and adjusted correctly they are very secure in serious winds .. and the car is bone dry even after days of rain it doesn't leak through.. also its good in summer and keeps the interior cool... could recommend them enough.. I wouldn't have a classic car without them, as if outside and no cover would be hard to maintain and keep in good order..