Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Blades
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Unusual places people stop to talk about your Minor

Post by Blades »

As per the title, what unusual places have people stopped to talk to you about your Minor

Yesterday while waiting to turn right at some traffic lights on a dual carriage way a bloke walked across both lanes to have a chat about Bessie, he was very pleased to see her but not really worth risking your life for!

Nick
[sig]9332[/sig]
Ieuan
Minor Friendly

Re: Unusual places people stop to talk about your Minor

Post by Ieuan »

I had a slight breakdown in the middle of nowhere near Lochinver in Scotland the other week, and while at the side of the road in a totally deserted area an Australian couple pulled over to say what a lovely colour the car was. No "Do you need any help?" or similar. It caused much amusement.
chesney
Minor Legend
Location: Le Tronquay, nr Bayeux, en France - Pop in for a cuppa!

Post by chesney »

I once had the West Yorkshire constabulary follow me into a parking space in Asda.
I was rather concerned as you can imagine, though it transpired the officer merely wanted a picture as his dad had one in the 70's!
seriesmm_1
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by seriesmm_1 »

I once had the Dyfed police stop me in my series mm,he stood in the middle of the road & flagged me down,turns out the registration on my car was the same number as his police i/d he wanted to buy the registration,I declined politely.

Dave R
Minor Friendly

Post by Dave R »

On a recent trip to a local garden centre, I did "the usual" and parked the traveller carefully,in a remote corner of the car park, miles from any other vehicle.
On my return there was a bevy of Chinese ladies making a fuss of my moggie. Not one of them spoke English and I certainly don't speak any Chinese, but a very happy 15 minutes was spent as they all had their photographs taken with the mog.
Still don't know where they all appeared from. :D
HEU159H
The vast minority
Minor Fan

Post by The vast minority »

Dave R wrote:On a recent trip to a local garden centre, I did "the usual" and parked the traveller carefully,in a remote corner of the car park, miles from any other vehicle.
On my return there was a bevy of Chinese ladies making a fuss of my moggie. Not one of them spoke English and I certainly don't speak any Chinese, but a very happy 15 minutes was spent as they all had their photographs taken with the mog.
China? :wink:
Dave R
Minor Friendly

Post by Dave R »

I was waiting for that !!! :)
HEU159H
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

The vast minority wrote:
Dave R wrote:On a recent trip to a local garden centre, I did "the usual" and parked the traveller carefully,in a remote corner of the car park, miles from any other vehicle.
China? :wink:
Excellent!!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!