Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
martin418
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

poor quality parts update now happy

Post by martin418 »

after sending back a badly made series 2 clutch pedal shaft i got a full refund and a nice phone call , i think it's makes so much difference when a company makes the effort to speak directly to you rather than the normal email etc
TFM150K
Minor Fan

Re: poor quality parts update now happy

Post by TFM150K »

As people are very quick to name companies when they are disappointed, how about naming this one which provided something more positive?
martin418
Minor Fan

Post by martin418 »

hi sorry should have said it was esm
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

But. You didn't get the properly made part you needed .... So still highly unsatisfactory I suggest.. Find a better supplier!
ImageImage
MrIan
Minor Fan

Post by MrIan »

At least the part was returned and a call from esm followed which is good. Hence they now have the first or maybe another complaint about a component. This really should make them look into it, on saying that though there might be rogue parts now n then that don't come up to spec and maybe all their other pedal shafts are fine !!
I must admit though that when I changed the engine mounts on ole Boris here I had the previous owners receipt for mounts from esm dated 12 months ago (they were rock hard) so ordered replacements from BM for a 100% improvement.
Maybe had the previous owner sent the mounts back they'd be more aware of them being too hard ?
Maybe I should send them to esm explaining they are only 12 months old yet been too hard obviously since day one (not after any reimbursement more just to make them aware).
I must add i've bought lots of parts from esm and have been more than happy.
martin418
Minor Fan

Post by martin418 »

i have bought a lot from esm and i must say on the whole i have had good service , i too know the engine mount problem well !!!
Bidz
Minor Fan

Post by Bidz »

I have spent far too much money with ESM in the last 12 months! I find their service very good, much better than BM who I used until they supplied me with a faulty "new" radiator.

I've got a set of ESM engine mounts ready to go on actually - am I asking for trouble??
“The car has become an article of dress without which we feel uncertain, unclad, and incomplete in the urban compound.” ― Marshall McLuhan
936cbpminor
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by 936cbpminor »

I will tack on to the end of this thread by also commending ESM on the quality of service whith poor quality parts. This was in respect of carpets where the pile pulled away from the backing and poor finish. They arranged a complete exchange of faulty goods with a better quality part. Not only now a top quality part but service tgo go with it. I have dealt with ESM and BM (mostly ESM and find them most helpful)
A Minor miracle in this day and age (oh dear, a small pun!!)
1961 948cc Yukon Grey 'Her In Doors'
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

I think most of the suppliers are pretty much ok. Problem is the quality of manufacturing.
e5slick

Post by e5slick »

Sorry for being a dummy guys, which supplier is BM?
I'm after the nice original engine mounts too! my current ones are way too hard!

Cheers,

Markus
minor65
Minor Addict

Post by minor65 »

I sourced from esm two reconditioned front shocks for my 61 back in april, as the p/s/f was leaking (from where the arm goes into the shock itself, behind the big nut). After only 4 months and 250 miles i noticed that again the p/s shock was showing signs of leaking again :roll: So after just one email to esm with my enquiry about warranty etc. Without asking in my first email about a replacement, they had one delivered out to me in NI within 2 days :D And also said they will pay for returning my old unit. So I have the job of replacing it this week. Fanastic service from esm as usual (Although the problem shouldn't have arose)

MrIan
Minor Fan

Post by MrIan »

e5slick wrote:Sorry for being a dummy guys, which supplier is BM?
I'm after the nice original engine mounts too! my current ones are way too hard!

Cheers,

Markus

Bull Motif, esm might have softer more original spec mounts now i've no idea. Mine from BM a few months ago were fine.