Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
win
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

NEC

Post by win »

I am considering going to the restoration exhibition at the NEC 5-6 Nov. I have never been able to fit it in before.
Can any one offer advice, does it need 2 days, I was thinking about staying overnight off site, going in on the service bus.
Any deals on tickets and/or accommodation on site, or any other advice or tips welcome.
Thanks and regards Win
South Yorkshire
C.J.
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: NEC

Post by C.J. »

I always feel as though I've run a marathon when I've been there, or perhaps I'm just an old fart? :lol:
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

Oh, and use the train if feasible, to save on rip off car park fees, .....train stops right outside the center....and take your own food to save on extortionate food outlet prices and ques, oh, and take enough cash as the cash machines will actually demand your trousers and shirt before spitting out any dosh. :evil:
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

I'm with cj on this one. The shows are good,but the catering/car parking and just about everything else you can think of are diabolical rip offs. Take the train and sandwiches.
Gilesv
Minor Friendly

Post by Gilesv »

As a branch, (Hampshire) we get together and take one car and split the costs. We don't use the NEC official car parks, we park in the Railway station car park which is cheaper. They have a multi storey there. We take sandwiches etc but always stop en route and have a cooked breakfast to keep us going. Then a curry afterwards in Coventry on the way home. Sorted.

I day is sufficient for the Restoration show -it's well worth doing.
win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

Thanks for the replies, pretty much as I expected, shame really, but I think I will still do it.

Regards and thanks
South Yorkshire
C.J.
Minor Fan

Post by C.J. »

win wrote:Thanks for the replies, pretty much as I expected, shame really, but I think I will still do it.

Regards and thanks
Oh yes. It's got to be done. You'll enjoy the visual feast if nothing else!

Personally, I prefer the November show, but for that, I do think you need 2 days.
Cam

Post by Cam »

If you log into the members section of the messageboard, you can download a flyer with a discount code for MMOC members.

Another benefit of joining the MMOC!! :D :D