Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Peetee
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

5 years of cobwebs - me, not the car.

Post by Peetee »

Hi everybody.
It's been a looooong time.... but I am ready to start work with Mogs again.
Horace the clipper blue 1960 Traveller has been uncovered and is ready for a bit of attention.
Trouble is, it might have been too long. I can't remember a thing! Ware do I start? Who is this MOWOG person? Where can I buy chocolate rich tea biscuits? Is it true that BMC Ecosse is 134 years old?
Enough of this triviality.
Horace's bodywork is totally sound, as is the woodwork. Interior looks fine, and the smell is pure moggie. :D
Mechanically he is a bit of a mess.
Inside he has boxes containing various items of his engine, new brakes front and rear and just about everything I need to make him complete. He'll be a bit ropey here and there perhaps but I can work on that later.
At present he is not registered (DVLA are sending the application pack). He was last on the road in the early 80's when he was laid up with floor rot.
His tyres are flat so the first step is to get him re-shod so he can be moved in and out of the garage as I cannot reach one side and the back.
Here's a photo as he was taken away to be be welded back in 2009.[frame]Image[/frame]
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: 5 years of cobwebs - me, not the car.

Post by Mark Wilson »

Welcome back! Have you thought about using wheel dollies under the wheels to allow you to shuffle him from side to side? Possibly easier than manoeuvring forwards and backwards without the benefit of self propulsion. I've not done this myself, mine's a shell on castors, but it may be worth investigating.

This is the sort of thing:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Set-of-4-Car- ... SwGotWk9Vm