Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Peetee
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re-registering a Moggie

Post by Peetee »

I have a 1960 traveller that hasn't been on the road since the previous owner laid it up in the mid 80's. It needs to be re-registered and I tried to find the relevant form on the DVLA site and don't know now if what they have sent me is right after all. It is the V55/5 and the required info is very technical including emmissions and sound levels - all irrelevant at this stage as I am only half way through restoration. And how on earth am I supposed to understand what to put in to box No 47 'partial postcode of purchaser' ?
Help!
Older and more confused than I could ever imagine possible.
ianmack
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Re-registering a Moggie

Post by ianmack »

You just put in as much as would be recorded originally for a 1960 car. Leave the other boxes blank. I registered a model T Ford and even less applied.
The Issigonis Kid
Minor Fan

Post by The Issigonis Kid »

I've read on many forums that the DVLA often request any original documentation you may have. If you have to send anything to the DVLA, take colour photocopies which you can keep as evidence and always send recorded delivery / signed / tracked for to prove it has arrived. You read all the time that people are loosing valuable documents with the DVLA and they claim to get lost in the post. Funny how a V5 gets lost in the post but they charge your £25 for a duplicate to be produced.

The Issigonis Kid - Richard Troup - Sheffield - 1961 Morris Minor Traveller ...... at last
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

If last t&t in the mid 80s, shouldn't need to re-register it - it will still be on DVLAs system - don't know why they pointed you to the V55/5 form.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!