Seat Paint/Dye

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
MaggieTheMoggy
MMOC Member: No

Seat Paint/Dye

Post by MaggieTheMoggy »

After about a year of ownership, I'm finally getting around to the interior refurbishment.

Maggie is a 1960 2-door, Old English White, 'Maroon' interior. I've stripped the seats, bought the high-density foam seat base, know about the 12 pirelli straps, the squab padding etc., but I'm struggling with the seat vinyl. Its pretty good/sound (I need to learn how to sew mind you), but the right-hand side of the drivers seat has lost all its colour - particularly the piping.

Could anyone offer any advice on re-colouring products and/or seats in general?

Many thanks - Paul
Oldmogman
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Seat Paint/Dye

Post by Oldmogman »

I've used Vinylkote a couple of times have have been pleased with the results. Not cheap but it seems to do the job!
nice one cyril

Post by nice one cyril »

Hi, just read your post about seat colouring, that guy mentioned vinlykote, I have to say its a superb product, I've been using it for years. It goes a long way and an economic way to change the interior colour of your bar and the people I've used have been good at colour matching, just follow the instructions and you will be well pleased. Did my interior a few years back and the only colour available on the parcel shelf edgeing was black, so just painted it red, now its the best part of the upholstery. All the best, Nice one Cyril.
MaggieTheMoggy

Post by MaggieTheMoggy »

Many, many thanks both of you - is there a recommended stockist and/or recommended colour to match the red (burgundy?) that was the interior colour available with 1960 Old English White?

All the best - Paul
plg422d
Minor Fan

Post by plg422d »

I have just used TRG Vinyl Paint in Scarlett to recolour the Cherokee Red seats in my minor. It is an excellent colour match.

About 6 cans of 150ml will do all the seats.[frame]Image[/frame]