Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Brexit and the Morris Minor

Post by woodiesenfrance »

The dive in the value of sterling, despite a couple of weak rallying moments, has made UK cars and parts much cheaper for European buyers. This has already been discussed in the classic car press in France.
Thus if you want to sell your moggie or other classic maybe you should look to the EU for a buyer?
Perhaps best to do so sooner rather than later, who knows what import barriers might be raised, even for classic cars? Even if there are no import taxes the paperwork could become much more complicated.
For those of us earning money in euros, moggie parts seem cheaper now which can't be bad.
Not so good for UK pensioners in Europe, who see their buying power much depleted.
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Brexit and the Morris Minor

Post by les »

Never mind, they must have other things over there to make up for it!

woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

les wrote:Never mind, they must have other things over there to make up for it!
Not quite getting my head around this comment, do I take it you think that tough, pensioners should just get on with it?
GBond
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by GBond »

As someone from outside the UK, I also wanted to take advantage of the dive in the pound to buy some spares before prices go up again so for the moment my car's decided to run absolutely flawlessly, so I don't need anything :-?

Decided to get parts for the BSA instead, but the supplier had already raised their prices!

Haven't noticed any difference in prices for MG, Jag and Triumph parts though.
Gabriel
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

It seems to me that leaving the Eu is prompting many people to keep pointing out what they feel is the negative. People that leave the uk presumably do so for reasons other than financial.

irmscher
Minor Legend

Post by irmscher »

The weather Les :lol: :lol:
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by 1098 »

Well,I voted to stay. But,we may as well blow up the Tunnel,nothing but jams from now on. :wink:
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

woodiesenfrance wrote:
les wrote:Never mind, they must have other things over there to make up for it!
Not quite getting my head around this comment, do I take it you think that tough, pensioners should just get on with it?
I suppose that,as with all changes,there will be winners and losers. :-?
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

I'm not convinced that Article 50 will be triggered. Politics is only a form of marketing and if the case is presented in the right way, for not triggering Article 50, that will be an end to it (It's not as though the referendum result was 80:20) and of Euro Scepticism within the Tory party. I'm not so sure that this wasn't the whole purpose behind it and there is now the added bonus (From the Tory point of view) of the Labour Party engaged in a civil war, following the referendum result. Sadly, stay or leave, I think we are on the way down the pan anyway :( .