Minor Value

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
byronmitchell77
MMOC Member: No

Minor Value

Post by byronmitchell77 »

Does anyone know a rough value of a fully restored 1960 Morris Minor Pickup, i've been looking around online and can't seem to find information or many other cars in the same year and condition. Or if someone knows where I could get a valuation online, that would be great. :)
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Minor Value

Post by irmscher »

I have seen these cars from anything from 5,000_10,000 and seem to fetch strong money .I think you can get a valuation through the MMMOC :)
bmcecosse
Minor Maniac

Post by bmcecosse »

A 'valuation' is just someone's guess. And depends ENTIRELY on condition and originality. Is this just for Insurance - or are you considering buying/selling such a vehicle? If buying -check the MOT history with DVLA - not just the 'pass' certificates which don't of course tell what has gone before. Traders typically want at least 30% more than private sellers.
ImageImage
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

bmcecosse wrote:A 'valuation' is just someone's guess. And depends ENTIRELY on condition and originality. Is this just for Insurance - or are you considering buying/selling such a vehicle? If buying -check the MOT history with DVLA - not just the 'pass' certificates which don't of course tell what has gone before. Traders typically want at least 30% more than private sellers.
I doubt the validity of most "valuations", especially when the sills - kick plates haven't been removed for inspection - and the underside is covered in thick underseal.....and, of course, numbers checked!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
faversham999
Minor Fan

Post by faversham999 »

Depends what somebody will pay if someone has a budget of £10 000 he will pay it , but pay what you think is a fair price and leave about £1500 to £3000 to make it to your standard . Two years ago a Member paid £18200 to have his 1961 2 Door Car refurbished.

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Is it a Cowley,Abingdon or a CKD build?

Fully restored to what grade of condition?
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
byronmitchell77

I own the car, I bought it a year ago. it was a bargain, I bought it for $700 it runs well, has minimal rust, no dents. But it has been painted blue. I'm going to send it in to respray it back to the original colour. Other than the colour, everything is as new (except for a lot of dust :lol: ) i'm trying to restore to as close to original as it can possibly get. :)
GBond
Minor Fan

Post by GBond »

As anything else, it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay for it.

A full restoration is when the car is as good as, or better than the day it left the factory. This means full disassembly, sandblasting or similar to get all the way to the bare metal and then a good paint job above that. Engine rebuild, full rebuild of brakes and other systems, and basically everything in "as new" condition. -This is still not concours- To get to concours you need all of the above plus original style nuts, bolts, screws and every single little detail, as well as matching numbers for the engine, gearbox, etc... These would be the cars fetching about 10,000 or maybe even more.

3,000-5,000 would probably be a car in good running condition, a few blemishes and very little, or no rust. How far do you plan on going with the restoration? Doing a full restoration as described above for one of these cars is NOT going to earn you any money, as you'll probably spend more than what the car is worth. If you plan on doing it as a hobby it is a lot of fun though.
Gabriel
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

where do you live? you say that you paid $700 which suggests that you do not live in the UK unless it was a typo. The valuation will be very different depending on where you live
byronmitchell77

charlie_morris_minor wrote:where do you live? you say that you paid $700 which suggests that you do not live in the UK unless it was a typo. The valuation will be very different depending on where you live
I live in Harare, Zimbabwe