Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
moggyminor16
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

App

Post by moggyminor16 »

Hi all .

Question is there a app for the mmoc forum for android at all .
Also I can't seem to find the place to change my email address coukd someone help at all .

Many thanks
Chris
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
charlie_morris_minor
Minor Legend

Re: App

Post by charlie_morris_minor »

click on "user control panel" at the top of the page

select the profile tab..

on the left had side you have the "edit account settings" where you can change your email address
moggyminor16
Minor Addict

Post by moggyminor16 »

Many thanks
Email address changed . Just seeing if there is a app
FB_IMG_1694290254471.jpg
BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by BrianHawley »

On a similar subject, here's a way to change your forum name for new posts - but only works with Gmail addresses as far as I know.

I rather unwisely registered here as Brian from Saudi. It then occurred to me that I'm not going to be posted in Saudi forever, so it was a daft choice. Try to register a different forum name and you will get a message saying the email address is already in use.

Now the clever bit. Register with the same Gmail address, but add a plus sign and a few letters at the end of your name. For instance if your address is Joebloggs@gmail.com then use Joebloggs+mmoc@gmail.com

The forum will send notifications to Joebloggs+mmoc@gmail.com but Gmail doesn't care and will still deliver the mail to Joebloggs@gmail.com

There are other tricks as Gmail ignores dots and will even accept @googlemail as a substitute for @gmail, but adding an identifier each time you give out your address also helps you to find out who is responsible if your address gets sold to a spam list. Not that the MMOC would ever do that, but other forums and companies would.

Brian, still in Saudi for the moment
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.