Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
busguy
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Last Traveller

Post by busguy »

Right at top of bulkhead on right hand side when looking under bonnet as your photo. The photo hasn't quite got the two metal strips which have the numbers on. They might need careful cleaning up to read them because the stampings vary in quality, and there might be a lot of paint on them. From memory should start Z36054 then another batch of numbers.
POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Travellers with only one plate from 1956, S11/BMD models only.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
BLOWNMM
Minor Fan

Post by BLOWNMM »

Can someone involved in the MMOC administration explain why garbage like the last post and others is allowed on this forum. Most members pay good hard earned money for their membership not to see this rubbish!
Bob
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

The spam problem has been reported to our IT provider. Please do not click on any links posted in spam messages. Aside from people not wanting to see it, it is taking up a lot of the mods time deleting the posts and banning the spammers. Hopefully admin will sort the problem out soon!

Eric - 1971 Traveller
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

I understand the frustration on the spam however most of the forum is open to the public, and this is good for the club.

Many users are non members - and many newbies learn that the club exists as a helpful place thanks to the forum.

Regarding good hard earned money.. the club is run by volunteers and the moderators (the ones who have to clean up spam) are 100% doing this as volunteers.. not even a contribution towards our costs let alone time.
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
Blaketon
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by Blaketon »

I f anyone sees spam (It seems to be applied to many threads en masse), I suggest bringing it to the attention of a moderator ASAP. I can't quite work out why the spammers do it; most of it is utter tripe. There are clearly a lot of sad cases out there :roll: .

I must have another look at my chassis plate.

In the meantime, I see that in the Complete Companion to the Traveller, it says Traveller production moved to Adderley Park in 1969, after a period in Cowley. In the book Morris Minor, the Complete Story, it says that after the end of Traveller production at Abingdon, in 1964, production went to Adderley Park. I know that during the Abingdon years, not all Travellers were built there, so presumably the rest were made at Cowley. The question is when did Traveller production go to Adderley Park and was it all at once or was it phased? Was LCV production the same?
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Mmmm...

LCV wise, Abingdon production during 1960 - apparently no OEH nor OFH spec vehicles assembled here - identification is via chassis plate, an "0" in front of chassis number ie; OEB1 /0123456.

1962, the BIG change, production plants allocated a letter; G = Abingdon, J = AddPk & M = Cowley.

During 1962, the J/M series LCV appeared, this was essentially parts built at Cowley transferred to AddPk for final assembly - explains why NO type designation.

As for Traveller's, apart from those mentioned in a previous post, the chassis number ON the plate has been done at Cowley, the "J" suffix also mentioned the same size as Cowley, whereas the AddPk prefix is twice the size with NO "/" between the initial "M" & "A"....

So, looking for a Traveller built BEFORE official assembly transfer to AddPk WITH a "J" chassis suffix.....

Quite exhausted now.....
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!