Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Size of pictures

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Please can someone advise as to what size of picture can be posted on this 'new' site. I for one can't re-post any of my old images, should the need arise, without re-sizing them -- but to what size???
Also, if anyone has a link to one of those sites that enable you to re-size pictures I think quite a few people on here will find it useful.
As for future pictures, I'm lucky enough to have a digital camera, so I think I will be able to reset the size on it (possibly)..................
Many thanks,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
BLOWNMM
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Re: Size of pictures

Post by BLOWNMM »

Mike
I recently posted a pic from my Photobucket account the same way as I had done previously without problems. The pic is in the Mechanical section in the post 'lower trunnion; upgrade - extra grease nipples'. Maybe has something to do with the fact that all my pics are posted from my Photobucket account. Bob
philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

I am having the same problem.
Currently my library of Minor photos are not acceptable on the new web site even though many had been posted successfully on the old.

Why do the photos now have to be as I understand it 'In the Public Domain'?

Previously I was able to upload a photo direct from my computer.

If that is the case I will be unable to attach photos of work I have undertaken and will be undertaking to future posts as all of the photos are held and will continue to be held on my private and personal computer.

Phil

BLOWNMM
Minor Fan

Post by BLOWNMM »

When posting pics from Photobucket they do not necessarily have to be 'In the Public Domain'. When creating a new album there is a choice of ticking a 'Private' box which I always do before completing the creation of a new album.
Bob
Justin67

Post by Justin67 »

Hi

I just used http://www.shrinkpictures.com to quickly resize the pictures of my van i posted in the restoration area.

worked for me and quite simple
best J
Toys...
1958 Morris Minor LCV
1953 Series 1 Landrover 80
1971 Norton Commando
1971 Triumph TR6C
Propshaft
Minor Fan

Post by Propshaft »

I am also having problems posting pictures on the new site ,it used to be so easy but will not now except them from my iPad , shame really because this may stop a lot of members posting
LouiseM

Post by LouiseM »

For info, there is no longer the ability to upload images here directly from your pc, which there was on the 'old' messageboard - you need to link to an image stored on a publically accessible web server such as photobucket etc. From reading the site FAQ's it seems that this is because the administrator has not allowed attachments:
Can I post images? Yes, images can be shown in your posts. If the administrator has allowed attachments, you may be able to upload the image to the board. Otherwise, you must link to an image stored on a publicly accessible web server, e.g. http://www.example.com/my-picture.gif. You cannot link to pictures stored on your own PC (unless it is a publicly accessible server) nor images stored behind authentication mechanisms, e.g. hotmail or yahoo mailboxes, password protected sites, etc. To display the image use the BBCode [img] tag.
Personally, I preferred the ability to upload photos from my pc - much easier than having to register to another site and upload them there. I will contact our IT provider/Cam to see if the ability to upload images from your own pc can be restored. I will also enquire whether the server will automatically re-size images or whether they need to be a certain size in order to be uploaded. In the meantime, I can only suggest following the advice in the FAQ if you wish to post any images. Sorry!

Eric - 1971 Traveller
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

Please see what you can do, Louise. Not all of us want to be on this, that and the other site transferring pictures here, there and everywhere! Much easier to just upload from your PC.................
BLOWNMM
Minor Fan

Post by BLOWNMM »

I have an Olympus digital camera and the software provided with it allows me to download pics from the camera to the 'Olympus Master' computer site. I am a member of 3 other forums all of which along with the MMOC forum do not allow loading of pics to their forum from my 'Olympus Master' computer site. This is why I have had to open a 'Photobucket Account' to enable me to post pics on this forum. Can anybody explain in simple terms why this is so?
Bob
rayofleamington

Post by rayofleamington »

Thanks Lou - that explains why I was struggling to load a screenshot from my phablet.
.. what's a PC? 8)
Ray. MMOC#47368. Forum moderator.

Jan 06: The Minor SII Africa adventure: http://www.minor-detour.com
Oct 06: back from Dresden with my Trabant 601 Kombi
Jan 07: back from a month thru North Africa (via Timbuktu) in a S3 Landy
June 07 - back from Zwickau Trabi Treffen
Aug 07 & Aug 08 - back from the Lands End to Orkney in 71 pickup
Sept 2010 - finally gave up breaking down in a SII Landy...
where to break down next?
2013... managed to seize my 1275 just by driving it round the block :(
amgrave
Minor Addict

Post by amgrave »

Isn't it strange that updating things (new site) in this modern world of ours seems to make things harder to achieve instead of easier :evil: :evil: :evil: .
And we even have spam popping up again :roll:

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I was thinking along the same lines. All the trouble people went to, in recover the site, and then we loose some useful facilities and get some weird posts! Early days hopefully !-------what's a phablet?

myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

I think its a tiny phab, or maybe half the alphabet with the letters mixed up?
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

You often get these sort of things happening in the media, suddenly new words or phrases start being interjected into conversation without any prior explanation, presumably to be 'with it' the word brexit is an example of coming from nowhere. No one said " Look we are now going to call the exit by Britain from the Eu brexit Ok "

smithskids
Minor Addict

Post by smithskids »

I will try to send a picture from my computer now.[img]
morris8 mask 002 copy.jpg
morris8 mask 002 copy.jpg (214.2 KiB) Viewed 3385 times
[/img]
smithskids
Minor Addict

Post by smithskids »

Its quite easy, just reduce the size of the picture to below 250 kb and attach it :D
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

You often get these sort of things happening in the media, suddenly new words or phrases start being interjected into conversation without any prior explanation, presumably to be 'with it' the word brexit is an example of coming from nowhere. No one said " Look we are now going to call the exit by Britain from the Eu brexit Ok "
I believe it started as BR (short for British) exit and got joined together at some point to form BREXIT.
Catchy though....................... :P

I will try to send a picture from my computer now.
Love those two Minors together, I would say old and new but then old and older still would be more accurate :wink: .

I have been uploading from my computer but using a resizing site for uploading here. This is the one I'm using at present:

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rct=j ... nQXWBFs_sw

Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

LouiseM wrote:For info, there is no longer the ability to upload images here directly from your pc
Well that is strange as that is what I being doing with all the pictures I have posted on this new site. I just click on attachments then click on add files which takes me into my computer files and then I select my picture and then when it appears I click place in line.

les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

It looks to be the same for me, with the exception I get a window saying the file is too large. I hope the site will be able to incorporate a self reducing facility.
I seem to be having trouble transferring pictures from photobucket now, thought I had that procedure cracked!

qwerty165
Minor Addict

Post by qwerty165 »

I have found to get round the file being too large, I just copy and paste the picture into publisher and then right click and select 'save picture as' and after doing so I select the button that is above the box where you type in the picture name, which says 'change' and set the resolution as (web) 96 dpi and then click save and that seems to work fine.