Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Why cant this spam be stopped

Post by les »

It would be reasonable to assume that someone involved with the mmoc is concerned about these issues, in which case it would be nice if we were kept in the loop regarding progress and the nature of the difficulties being experienced, as there appears to be more to this than meets the eye. At the moment it's left to the mods to waste their time and the rest of us to grin and bear it.

panky
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by panky »

I wonder if Russian car forums have a problem with English spam
Cam

Post by Cam »

In an effort to prevent SPAM, we have now changed the messageboard so that new members have to be authenticated. This is more work for the admin/moderating team and newly registered members will have to wait until they have been authenticated, but hopefully this is a step in the right direction to prevent the bombardment of recent days.

Thank you. :D
Nickol
Minor Addict

Post by Nickol »

panky wrote:I wonder if Russian car forums have a problem with English spam
It may not necessarily be Russian as inter alia several Balkon states also use cryllic writing. Some of the words are directly readable being international origin and a few I see have slavic roots e.g dobje meaning anything "good". Other than that my knowledge is negligable. :(
Gott schütze mich vorm Sturm und Wind und Autos, die aus England sind.
download/file.php?id=4822[/sig]
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Thanks for the information, it's a shame the team are left to find the solution, from the little I can fathom, and of course I could be wrong, it seems our IT provider have called it a day? Or are they asking for more money to refine the forum?

millerman
Minor Addict

Post by millerman »

Posted on Cam's new thread re authentication:

Is the authentication process something that can be carried out by the Club's paid admin officials or, indeed, pay an interested person to do so? It would seem a good investment for the MMOC money