Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
TDV102
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Re: Clever way to sell a log book

Post by TDV102 »

This has gotten a bit off topic - the topic was people selling cars that are not as described or obvious ringers like the reshelled re-engined with one 1954 wing and a badge! I'd prefer an original plate but when I find the right car it is not a deal breaker. If selling the plate paid for expensive work, so be it. As long as a car is 'as advertised and described', that is fine. If you had to claim on insurance on a car you said was a 54 and the insurance company cottoned on that it obviously wasn't, goodbye any chance of payout. Honesty is always the best policy.
Good home offered for custom splittie
ampwhu
Minor Addict

Post by ampwhu »

liammonty wrote:It's a real shame to see negativity like this, regarding what people should do, or shouldn't do to their cars etc. Unfortunately, it's all too common on here, and I know of several folk who post less frequently because of it. We are fortunate with our Minors in that there are SO many out there, that it really doesn't matter if people choose to modify a car, or break one for spares to keep another on the road, though from some of the comments I see, one might be forgiven for thinking that it was a heinous crime. Perhaps it would be different if we were talking about a classic that is a real rarity with few 'original' examples left... There are many things that I don't agree with personally, but I understand that others have different opinions, and they can be just as 'right' as I am. Live and let live, folks!
great post. I totally agree with all of it.
ampwhu
Minor Addict

Post by ampwhu »

les wrote:The car with his initials on is a Mercedes, can't recall why it was mentioned but I seem to remember him telling us.
That would possibly be his 90mph 'modern'
correct. a lovely AMG C63.
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

People are starting to talk------ I'm almost the only one without a merc in my road, two more added in the last month! :o

ampwhu
Minor Addict

Post by ampwhu »

I guess they are like marmite. i'd never own any other make of car. this car is awesome. when my missus went for a test drive at Brooklands, they rear tyres on the test drive were almost with no tread on them. she asked why and the seller showed her!

he booted it around the test track and whilst looking in the rear view mirror, all you could see was bits of tyre being shredded!

its an asphalt ripping monster!
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by irmscher »

And the speed limit is 70 mph :lol: so cant release any of its potential unless you take it to the Nurburgring.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Doom & Gloom for me....

Headgasket gone on my beloved Astramax...

Merry Xmas? I think not!!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Or in the absence of a Nurburg ring / Brands Hatch, perhaps like many owners of cars with too much power for legality, who drive like a kn*bjockey putting others at risk.