Re: The World is your Lobster

Post by les »

Stranger looking cars? I'm trying to think of one------No, can't ! :D

IaininTenbury
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by IaininTenbury »

As far as I can recall, it was built by Henrics of Nottingham for a childrens TV programme (which may or may not have seen the light of day) and then retained and rallied by them for publicity purposes. Then when they sold out to LMC Hadrian the car was included in the deal and was stored at their Hexham base. When they ceased trading it next appeared advertising a Fish and Chip shop in the north east, until now appearing on ebay. I think Phil Vincent of Henric, said he was told by the Police to take the claws off when driving it on the road, other than that it was road legal....
Part of Morris Minor history - it appears in at least one MM book. Not sure what you'd actually do with it though! I suppose advertising the fish and chip shop has been the most appropriate use yet...
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by myoldjalopy »

You wouldn't get very far in it without being pulled over for inconsiderate and shellfish driving.......