Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Yeti
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Trying to find my old car

Post by Yeti »

Hi,trying to find out any info about my old car with a view to a possible repurchase. She was a 1966 2 door Minor 1000 in Rose Taupe and in excellent condition. She was passed on to me by my parents (now recently deceased - RIP), and was subsequently used as our wedding car. My son was also collected from hospital after being born and took his first car rides in her. She was regrettably sold in about 93/94 in Guildford, when my son was about 2 years old, as wife wanted a newer car with all the usual frills of a modern car for the baby. As you can see, she has a lot of history and sentimental value to me. Any information about the car, its current owner or whereabouts would be gratefully received. Please send via PM. The cars reg no was NPF 726D. I really hope to be able to find her, and if luck would have it, repurchase her, but if in the hands of a loving owner, would be prepared to wait, with just a look at her. Thank you all in advance
BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Trying to find my old car

Post by BrianHawley »

Is this of any interest?

Or is it your own posting?

http://www.drivearchive.co.uk/vehiclede ... arID=43173
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.
Yeti
Minor Friendly

Post by Yeti »

Brian that is excellent, thank you so much for that. It is another clue as to finally finding her and possibly being reunited. Have emailed the owner concerned, hope that he gets back to me with more info. Thanks again mate you are a star.
greendefender123
Minor Addict

Post by greendefender123 »

Good luck finding it. Sounds like it might be abit of a project now tho as it hasnt been on the road for 20 years. Please keep us updated.

Good luck Steve
Yeti
Minor Friendly

Post by Yeti »

Cheers Steve
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

It did'nt look terribly Rose Taupe in that picture tho', so if, deities willing, you get it back, budget for a respray!
BrianHawley
Minor Fan
Location: Yanbu Al-Sinaiyah, Saudi Arabia (temporary posting)
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by BrianHawley »

Yeti wrote:Brian that is excellent, thank you so much for that. It is another clue as to finally finding her and possibly being reunited. Have emailed the owner concerned, hope that he gets back to me with more info. Thanks again mate you are a star.
Cool.

Let us know how it works out.
Brian

Image "Jodie". '67 Traveller, 1275, discs, suspension mods etc.