Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
pgp001
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: Yes

Interior Colour

Post by pgp001 »

Could anyone tell me if an interior colour of navy Blue would have been fitted as standard to a Maroon B 1971 Traveller please.
I am suspicious that a car I am potentially looking at buying has had a change of colour at some point in its life.
Thanks
Phil
palacebear
Minor Legend

Re: Interior Colour

Post by palacebear »

Navy blue interior trim was offered in 1971 as standard with Aqua, Limeflower and Bermuda Blue paint, and as on option for Glacier White paint.

Maroon B paint (with Cherokee Red interior) seems to have been discontinued as a paint option around June 1969. There are no other red/maroon paint colours listed later than that date.
1956 4-door called Max
pgp001
Minor Addict

Post by pgp001 »

That confirms my own thoughts, It does not actually look too bad in those colours either.

Thanks
Phil
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

Ray Newell does list the last Maroon B as July 69, but adds a note that "These numbers refer to the last of the Cowley built Travellers. Detailed records giving colours for individual chassis numbers are not available for Adderley Park Travellers from July 1969". PB's advice is probably correct, but as I've painted my Nov 70 built Traveller Maroon B I'm clinging to a remote hope that it isn't absolutely certainly anachronistic. And I don't want to know any better, thanks! Pity about my proposed Biscuit interior, which was never offered with Maroon or any other colour......
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

I've been researching colours for Add Pk Travellers. Broadly speaking they came in the same range/combination of paint/trim colours as the Mini Clubman estate car of the same period. Only exception being Tartan Red (Mini but not Minor) and Bermuda Blue (Minor but not Mini apparently).

Info at www.potteries.mmoc.org.uk

@Mark Wilson: I'd go for Maroon B with Biscuit. If memory serves, it was a mid 1960s combo for Austin-badged Mini Mk.1, 1100 Mk.1, 1800 Mk.1 and A60 Cambridge too.
1956 4-door called Max
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

I'd guess the original poster's traveller was probably Limeflower, a colour that many don't like and lots have been resprayed more traditional colours.... You can usually find some original paint if you look under the dashboard with a torch.
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

*** Raises head cautiously above parapet ***

Personally, I rather like Limeflower :P

*** Ducks and waits for torrent of abuse ***

:D :D :D
1956 4-door called Max
IaininTenbury
Minor Legend

Post by IaininTenbury »

I used to have a '72 teal blue Marina with a Limeflower interior and I always used to say that the best place to be was driving it so you were looking out rather than in..... :lol:
However I must have mellowed over the years as I quite like those mad early 70s hues now. Had Harvest Gold and Sandglow cars since then and quite fancy a Bedouin Traveller with Autumn Leaf interior.....
cheers
Iain
Fairmile Restorations.

'49 MM, '53 convertible, '55 van, and a '64 van.

Marina p.u., '56 Morris Isis Traveller, a '59 Morris JB van, a'66 J4 van, a '54 Land Rover, Land Rover 130, Renault 5, '36Railton, '35 Hudson, a Mk1 Transit and a Sherpa Camper...

A car can be restored at any time, but is only original once!
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

IaininTenbury wrote:I used to have a '72 teal blue Marina with a Limeflower interior and I always used to say that the best place to be was driving it so you were looking out rather than in..... :lol:
I had one too. At least the dashboard was Brown. Used to have an Add Pk Traveller also Teal Blue with Limeflower ... apart from the drivers seat which was red/beige from an early 60s duo-tone Moggie!
1956 4-door called Max
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

IaininTenbury wrote: You can usually find some original paint if you look under the dashboard with a torch.
Not in mine you can't! (Although it was Almond Green when I got it, but Teal or Trafalgar under the dash.....) :)