Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Ian Jones
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Advice please

Post by Ian Jones »

Hello All

New member looking for a traveller. Visited Charles Ware today and was delighted by the reception and the time Andy spent with us talking about what we want. I think I understand where they stand in the market. They have nothing in stock to suit us just at the moment so I'm still looking round. I realise that what I'm about to ask is close to the limits of acceptability in terms of the forum rules, but here goes. Anybody know any history of SKL 507H or have a view about Pioneer Automobiles near Newbury? Perhaps better to send me a private message (unless you give them a glowing reference).

Regards

Ian
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Advice please

Post by les »

Apparently passed all mots since 2005 and done 18000 miles since 2005. 60000 recorded miles at May 2017.
Info from MOT site.

philthehill
Minor Maniac

Post by philthehill »

pgp001
Minor Addict

Post by pgp001 »

Hello

I cannot tell you anything about that particular car, I did see it while ago when I was looking for one myself.

What I can tell you is not to rush into buying the first one you see, the car I have just bought is almost identical in every respect to that one, but mine came from a club member advertising it on car & classic and it cost me £8500, a dealer will always put a big mark up on it, and you will be lucky if he gives you any more warranty than you will get with a private sale.

Here's mine.

I just need to find someone who would like to buy this little chap from me now.
Good luck with your search.

Phil
RobThomas
Minor Legend

Post by RobThomas »

Snap! Although, mine isn't finished yet. :D
DSC00621.jpg
DSC00621.jpg (410.7 KiB) Viewed 1286 times
I'd strongly suggest having a serious enthusiast (Anorak?) accompany you to a 'viewing' since a multitude of sins can be hidden on a Minor. For the cost of a gallon of petrol, a cup of tea and a Custard Cream you might be able to identify the chaff from the wheat and save a fortune in the long run. Where are you located?
Cardiff, UK
Ian Jones
Minor Friendly

Post by Ian Jones »

Thanks for the replies. I'd seen the MoT history, which obviously can't tell everything (or even very much!), but it told a story which sounded OK. I'm passing by Newbury tomorrow pm so I'll give them a call today and see if I can call in. I'd still be interested in any experience anyone has had with Pioneer Automobiles.

Regards

Ian
Ian Jones
Minor Friendly

Post by Ian Jones »

This is the car.

http://www.pioneer-automobiles.co.uk/Mo ... er_aa.html

any comments/thoughts from the pictures?

The rear of the inner wing on the passenger side under the bonnet looks a bit rough to me, but very difficult just from pictures.

Regards

Ian
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

I had to sell my 1929 Austin seven chummy due to advancing years and being 6ft 3in after 33 years but it meant I could then buy my Panda much easier to get in and out of. Try putting it on the Austin seven owners club website.
Mike Burgess DVLA rep A7OC.
[img]jpg[/img]
Ian Jones
Minor Friendly

Post by Ian Jones »

Too late chaps! Car has been sold (to France).

Thanks anyway.

Anybody got a good traveller for sale?

Regards

Ian
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

Ian Jones wrote:Too late chaps! Car has been sold
That was quick!