DVLA log book changes & corrections

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
knmstag
MMOC Member: No

DVLA log book changes & corrections

Post by knmstag »

I recently noticed a couple of errors on the V5C log book for my Morris Minor. I have owned the vehicle for over 2 years.
The car is a late 2 door saloon (1971 'J' Reg), Colour is peat brown. It appears to be a very original low mileage car.
However, within section 4 of log book, the 'Date of registration' is shown as 13/05/1986, and colour is shown as CREAM.
Section 3 on front of log book states 'WAS REGISTERED AND/OR USED . DECLARED MANUFACTURED 1971.
I do not believe car has ever been resprayed.

I am in process of amending the V5C log book and sending it off to DVLA for it to be corrected and updated.
I was wondering if there is anyone/system within the Club that can confirm exact date of manufacture / registration.
Reg. is GMG 206J
Thanks, Kevin (Coventry)
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: DVLA log book changes & corrections

Post by palacebear »

GMG***J series was a London north-east / Middlesex issue (e.g. Enfield area) used in June and July 1971 so the reg.no. appears to be original not a re-reg.

Date of registration suggests as a possibility, that it retained an old style log-book beyond the 'deadline' for inclusion on the DVLA database. Can't remember exactly when this was but 1982 rings a bell. If it missed that deadline, the date it finally went on the database will be the date first registered (13/5/86 in your case) with the 'declared manufactured 1971...' endorsement. I wouldn't worry too much about these. Perhaps getting the colour logged correctly is more important though... :)
1956 4-door called Max
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by les »

Photocopy any documents before you send them anywhere, you never know what might go wrong!

POMMReg
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by POMMReg »

Another reason is when a V5's been lost and re-applied for.

Colour discrepancy is puzzling, presumably the first 2 digits of the body number is "51????"

Off he goes AGAIN!
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!