Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
AndrewT
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Body panels

Post by AndrewT »

Own a 54 cheese grater apart from the wings bonnet and grill what else is different for the 1000 are the doors boot lid the same?
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Body panels

Post by palacebear »

Don't know whether or not you're including all 4 wings. Split-screen rears have larger wheel-arch openings. Later ones will fit though.
1956 4-door called Max
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Post by ManyMinors »

The front bumper valance is also different to the 1000 of course although the rear one is the same. The bootlid is only different to the early 1000 with regard to the badge holes but the later 1000 had a different fittings for the bootstay so technically is different.
If your car is a 4door model then the doors didn't change as far as I know but the one difference I can think of on the 2door models is that an exterior lock was introduced middway through 1000 production.

A lot of the later parts can be fitted but there are a great many detail differences between different age cars!
palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by palacebear »

Revised door hinges fitted from early 1959 allowing the doors to open wider. Don't know if the door design was changed to accommodate the new type hinges, but possible that only doors from 1958 or earlier will fit.
1956 4-door called Max
AndrewT
Minor Fan

Post by AndrewT »

I have a spare bonnet and grill just wanted to keep an eye out for other panels if they ever pop up mainly doors