Traveller - Spares or restoration

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
richbrown
MMOC Member: No

Traveller - Spares or restoration

Post by richbrown »

Quite a few years ago i posted about my fathers Traveller which he put in the garage in the mid 70s, intending to 'do a bit of welding underneath'. Since then my father has died and my mother is now clearing things out, including the car in the garage.
Briefly its a 1098 traveller, I think around 1960-62, servo brakes. Wood is ok (my dad was quite good with wood), and its been stored in the dry since about 1977, having been driven in. Underneath the main problem is rust around the front end of the osr leaf spring hanger. it's not mobile as the spring and associated bits have been removed, it was also parked on its wheels so there may be trouble there too brakeswise.
The other problem is that it has never been recorded with the DVLA, having been taken off the road when road tax was something done locally. My mother is looking for any documentation but currently hasn't found it in all my fathers paperwork. I can find the relevant numbers to determine its exact age etc but it's 120 miles from me so it'll not be an immediate answer there.
It's for sale, either as a spares car or as a restoration project. I can take some pictures and send them to anyone if interested.

Rich Brown
ManyMinors
Minor Legend

Re: Traveller - Spares or restoration

Post by ManyMinors »

Interested parties will probably want to know roughly which part of the World it is in........
richbrown

Re: Traveller - Spares or restoration

Post by richbrown »

Its in London