Repair Manuals

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Jesto68
MMOC Member: Yes

Repair Manuals

Post by Jesto68 »

Is there a general consensus as to what repair manual is best? I just purchased a 1961 saloon and need all the guidance I can get!

Thanks in advance!
les
Minor Maniac

Re: Repair Manuals

Post by les »

I would suggest the factory manuals are probably the best but although some don't agree, Haynes do a useful one. Ebay may be a good place to get either, however someone here may be able to help,

StillGotMy1stCar
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Post by StillGotMy1stCar »

If you google morris minor workshop manual click on the first result "pdf (Untitled)" I think that is where I got mine from.Save it to your hard drive. 14th Edition 1970.
Regards John
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Post by myoldjalopy »

They all vary a bit in detail, so it helps to have a selection! Agreed the factory workshop manual is pretty essential but, for troubleshooting and basic repairs I have found 'BLMC Morris Minor 1000 Repairs' by B C MacDonald to be really useful as it takes a symptoms/diagnosis approach (it is no coincidence that he also wrote 'The Car Doctor'!). It is good for servicing requirements and general maintenance too. Long out of print, of course, but you will surely find one in a second-hand bookshop, an auto-jumble or EBay...........