Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Leyland
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Taxation

Post by Leyland »

Hi all
My 1962 minor is ready for the road. It has been on SORN for a number of years. It is classified as an Historic Viehicle on the registration document.
Advice please. Is there a DVLA form to get it back on the road. I have a V112 which is a declaration of exemption from MOT. Is this sufficient to tax it for the road or do I need to complete another form. Can I do this at a Post Office?
Any advice very welcome. Ty
j.davis200
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Taxation

Post by j.davis200 »

If you go into a post office with your insurance certificate, V5 (not really necessary but good backup) and MOT exemption, they will do it there and then.

However, it's much easier on the Internetweb, and you can do it any time - go to 'Car Tax', make sure it's the Gov.UK site (there are scam sites - but they're not going to get anything from you as no money is involved!) and your car will be legal right away - they'll electronically check the insurance. I use it a lot for my various vehicles, and surprisingly for a government computer project it works very well.
SteveClem
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Post by SteveClem »

Works well on the telephone too.
Leyland
Minor Fan

Post by Leyland »

Many thanks, that is really helpful and simple.
Cheers
Ty
kevin s
Minor Legend

Post by kevin s »

ours was the same off the road for 15 years, all I had to do was insure it then tax it on line, took all of a couple of minutes. Ours had been insured for some time, If you are doing it now you may need to wait a couple of days for the database to update.