Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Mabel
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Breakdown Cover

Post by Mabel »

Hi,
I am looking for recommendations for breakdown cover. I would like to cover my 1970 Minor and my 2015 Astra on the same policy. Cover to include both my wife & myself and include recovery and at home.
Is anyone doing anything similar or am I better with separate cover for each car?
Thanks
Mike

palacebear
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Breakdown Cover

Post by palacebear »

I have one RAC membership. Covers both Mrs PB and myself. All three cars. Roadside. Recovery and At Home.
1956 4-door called Max
viewsonic1
Minor Fan

Post by viewsonic1 »

We use Green Flag. The family car, my daughter's car and the Morris. Plus our touring caravan.
simmitc

Post by simmitc »

We had RAC personal dover for both of us in any vehicle, roadside and recovery, and I was a member for 42 years. However, they took the proverbial when increasing the fees each year. I realised that our normal insurance included breakdown and recovery insurance and so cancelled the RAC. Three days after RAC cover expired the Minor broke down and I was missing the one spanner that I needed. Called the insurance company who subbed the job out to... the RAC.

From what I have heard, RAC, AA and Green Flag are all much of a muchness; and all should be able to help you.
palacebear
Minor Legend

Post by palacebear »

No personal experience but I've heard tales of the green company not being able to tell you which garage they're recovering your vehicle to (in the event of recovery being needed) until they've completed the recovery process.... and then the garage might be miles away from your home.
1956 4-door called Max
viewsonic1
Minor Fan

Post by viewsonic1 »

Around two years ago our BMW series 3 broke down on a busy dual caraigeway and we called Green Flag. The breakdown truck towed us home (it was a Sunday) and called back in the week to take the car on a low-loader to the garage. Brilliant service!
The problem with the car? Fuel pump fuse!