heritage certificate

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Andrew M
MMOC Member: No

heritage certificate

Post by Andrew M »

Hi All, Excuse a new owner but I have heard tale of heritage certificate's and was wondering how you can get hold of these?
I have a late model Traveller, registered April 1970 according to the .Gov site, it has been through Charles Wares many moons ago and changed colour, but I do like its new Maroon coat (I believe it was White) before. Its reg is YYC 676 H
Many Thanks in advance. Andrew
KeithL
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: heritage certificate

Post by KeithL »

Andrew,

If you Google heritage certificate then the first hit you get is this:

https://www.britishmotormuseum.co.uk/ar ... rtificates

POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

If the vin prefix is MAWD (with NO "/") - suffix either J or F - it is an Adderley Park Traveller.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

And unfortunately, if as likely it is an Adderley Park built traveller you won't be able to get a Heritage Certificate as the records for that factory were destroyed in a fire. Welcome aboard anyway (from the owner of another Maroon Adderley Park Traveller)!

Mark
Andrew M

Post by Andrew M »

Thanks for the responses, looks like I will need to do my research into What a Adderly Park traveller is😁
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Andrew M wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:51 pm Thanks for the responses, looks like I will need to do my research into What a Adderly Park traveller is😁
Join the club!!

Can give you help if you're stuck
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

As the OP is new to this board, can I offer a starter on Addderley Park Travellers. Most Travellers were built at Cowley in Oxford, with some in the early sixties being built at the MG plant in Abingdon, The wooden rear sections were made in Coventry and joined to the main body on the Cowley production line. In 1969 Morris Minor production had begun to be wound down and Traveller production was moved to the former Wolseley plant at Adderley Park in south Birmingham. There weren't any real changes to the cars themselves other than some changes to the colours available and a few very late ones being produced with steering locks and/or alternators.

I'm not claiming any expertise here, just regurgitating what can be found in a number of books - I'd recommend Ray Newell's "Morris Minor Traveller" as a good starting point. Chris, aka POMMReg, knows more than any one as he has been compiling a comprehensive list of Adderley Park Travellers, tying down some of the changes, eg when engines changed from green to black, to the "car number" on the chassis plate on the bulkhead under the bonnet. Mine starts MAW5D and has an F suffix.

Mark
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

Andrew M wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 7:51 pm Thanks for the responses, looks like I will need to do my research into What a Adderly Park traveller is😁
Common Lane/Adderley Park Minor's possibly the WORST to research!

Chatting to a gent at a mmoc rally a few years ago, despite the fact the Minor is such a popular classic, the amount of research undertaken on the later stuff is virtually zero...