Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
will.broad
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Wheel clamp

Post by will.broad »

I was thinking of buying a claw type wheel clamp, but was wondering if it would fit on a morris wheel as the morris wheel doesn't have any 'spokes'. I like this clamp as it doesn't look too bulky.

Has anyone tried these claw clamps?

https://www.argos.co.uk/product/7457278
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Wheel clamp

Post by geoberni »

Depends on your wheels. It say for wheels 7" to 11". Pretty sure a standard Moggie wheel is a lot less than 7" wide, more like 5".

I recently brought one of this type: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Car-Caravan- ... ctupt=true

There are 2 versions on eBay, this one has the extra row of 'Plate settings' (some only have a single 'box' for the chrome bar to go through) so it is a better fit on Moggie thin wheels. I'm still going to add a little bit of packing to the back of the Yellow Disc, but it fits quite well.
Basil the 1955 series II

will.broad
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: No

Post by will.broad »

Thanks for that, Yes just measured my wheel it is 5 inches across.
viewsonic1
Minor Fan

Post by viewsonic1 »

I've got this actual clamp but for use on the Caravan with alloys. It's light and easy to use and I see no reason why it wouldn't fit your Morris. Haven't tried it on mine, though.
Hope this helps.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

viewsonic1 wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 4:55 pm I've got this actual clamp but for use on the Caravan with alloys. It's light and easy to use and I see no reason why it wouldn't fit your Morris. Haven't tried it on mine, though.
Hope this helps.
Aside from the fact that according to the description it doesn't clamp narrow enough for standard Moggie wheels, and looking at it, there's no way to drill an extra hole or 2 for it to do so. :cry:
Basil the 1955 series II