Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
NorthWalesMorris
MMOC Member: No

LAS618

Post by NorthWalesMorris »

Hi,
I am trying to find out the fate of my favourite Morris minor which I sold to go back to Uni in 2004. I always regretted selling it, and have searched on line and found our that it is SORN. Does anyone else have any ideas as to how I could find its current owner?
thanks. Nathan
les
Minor Maniac
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: LAS618

Post by les »

Write a short letter to the owner, show what you've written to the police then put it in a stamped envelope, ask the police if they would address and post it after you've left the station. Long shot as you'll probably get plenty of excuses but I'd give it a go. If you try it, let us know how it went !

win
Minor Fan

Post by win »

What a great idea Les, hope it works.

Would a packet of biscuits be considered bribery?

Regards Win
South Yorkshire
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I should have mentioned you would need to say in the letter, that the police have addressed the envelope as you were unable to know this without consent. You don't want the owners wondering how you obtained their address.
Biscuits, perhaps not :D

firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Nice idea, but probably unwise as the police have to have a valid reason for a check on the PNC and this is not one of them. The checks are all recorded and audited , as well as spot checked locally, and in addition to this being a discipline offence this could end up a criminal offence under the computer misuse legislation. The road to hell is paved with good intentions and a seemingly innocuous act of good faith can go horribly wrong. I have sat on discipline panels where such misuse has been considered and penalties can be severe. That said, biscuits are usually an effective bribe .........You could try the MMOC at Derby to see if the owner is / was a member and they may be able to forward such a letter.
burnham28
Minor Fan

Post by burnham28 »

I agree with Firedrake its a disciplinary offence to use the PNC for unauthorised use. You could become a cowboy wheel clamper the DVLA give out all personnel details to them.
[img]jpg[/img]
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

I'm not going to disagree, however I'd make the approach, you never know what assistance you may get, directly or indirectly.

sid
Minor Fan

Post by sid »

first of all..you'd have to find a policeman! endangered species around my way :o
firedrake1942
Minor Legend

Post by firedrake1942 »

Or indeed a police station, I understand that in the mists of time, they were once places that those in need of assistance in the locality could go and even see a Minor Panda car if one were lucky. Now they have been sold, demolished or in our case converted into luxury flats ......I wonder which police and crime commissioner trousered the bung for that one?