Time Waster ?

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

Time Waster ?

Post by 1098 »

Fed up with paying Modern car garage bills, I am in the market for a Saloon to commute to work with. I am put off by those who say No time wasters. I don't consider myself a Time waster when viewing a car to buy, I merely want to make sure that the car I'm buying is worth the money - it may,in my opinion, not be. If I don't buy it after viewing,I'm a time waster. I wouldn't go to the trouble of travelling to view the vehicle in the first place, if I wasn't seriously considering buying it. :(
irmscher
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Time Waster ?

Post by irmscher »

No tyre kickers :evil: .Most sellers when they say no timewasters are usually hiding something and want to get rid quickly.
ianmack
Minor Addict

Post by ianmack »

Years ago I was selling a Peugeot 504 estate car, a hefty beast from when I had a young family. A man phoned making an appointment to view and came with his mate for a second opinion.

‘Its big,’ said one.

‘It’s bloody big, ‘ said his mate.

‘It’s big’ said one again. This dialogue went on for a couple of minutes as they wandered around it. Beyond that they were lost for words. Finally they explained that a friend of theirs had a small Peugeot hatch and they wanted one like it. It really had not occurred to these numpties that Peugeot might make more than one model.

If you show serious interest in a car but don’t buy it because you find faults or can’t agree a price with the seller then I don’t think you can be considered a time waster.
ampwhu
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by ampwhu »

i was selling a corsa years ago after using it for 12 months for some things (cheap runner).

3 people came to view and tried to buy the car for less than half price I was advertising for. headgasket has gone mate, tyres are bald mate, steering is sloppy mate..... on and on...…

you'll never sell it at that price. i'll buy it and drive it away now. I was starting to get annoyed. my phone rings whilst they are there and another potential buyer is calling. told me he was 5 minutes away.

he turns up whilst the 3 other blokes are still there. looks around the car, says i'll have it and pays the asking price. 3 men start arguing saying that they should have just bought it when they had the chance.

I walk off with cash and 3 men stand there for 15 mins arguing still.
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

That's one of my pet hates, basically the seller is saying, you're a time waster if you don't buy. It's an aggressive approach, and often the case that these types have ongoing issues in their lives. I wouldn't respond to such an advert on principle.
Last edited by les on Sun Dec 23, 2018 4:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Myrtles Man
Minor Legend

Post by Myrtles Man »

Then, of course, there are the strange people who believe that including the phrase 'no offers' in their advert is a positive encouragement to prospective purchasers. :-?