Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
GavinL
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: Yes

Problems viewing old threads

Post by GavinL »

I tried searching "minor boxing panel" with my browser and it brought up an image from a post in the thread "Morris 1962 2 door", but when I try viewing it in the forum the images don't appear, the link has a blue box with a ? in it. Why can I see the image in my browser but not through the forum, is there a way round this?
palacebear
Minor Legend

Re: Problems viewing old threads

Post by palacebear »

Maybe because it's a very old thread with pics that were posted to one of the previous versions of the forum...? Just a thought!
1956 4-door called Max
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

You've not indicated which thread you mean, but if you're talking about this one viewtopic.php?t=52989 then I'm afraid it looks like these images didn't survive one of the transitions the board has had since, but that Google with its endless reserves of space has archived some or all of the pics anyway!
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
GavinL
Minor Fan

Post by GavinL »

Thanks, i wondered if it was something like that. interesting that Google would appear to search stored images / data rather than current info on websites, possibly explains why their searches are so quick? Oh the wonders of the web :D
Mark Wilson
Minor Addict

Post by Mark Wilson »

Admin wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 1:35 pm then I'm afraid it looks like these images didn't survive one of the transitions the board has had since
Is this the final word on the loss of a huge part of this forum? It isn't all that long since I've referred to some of the images on older threads, eg Neil MG's Traveller thread, philthehill's detailed guide to fitting oil gallery plugs, or Biomed32's gearbox rebuild guide, but everything I've looked for today has now lost its images. I do hope that those in charge of this site are doing everything possible to rectify this - hard to overstate the value of this material.
Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

There is indeed work going on behind the scenes to recover content that has recently become MIA, but as it's via our third party it isn't necessarily going to happen overnight. In the meantime, just a handful of threads that you know for sure had images present and correct very recently but which now have gone would be useful for us in checking out how whatever has happened did happen.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster