Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
princess090967
Minor Friendly
MMOC Member: Yes

Engine colour

Post by princess090967 »

Hallo at all. Please, there is someone that have seen blue engine colour with a red pulley and fan on a 1957 Morris Minor 4door saloon? Another thing that is strange is that I made Heritage certificate and first they told me that my car was a Van (ad as you now on this car model blue engine and red pulley and fan were correct) then, when I told them that it was a foor door saloon car, they sent me a new heritage with the correct model [/size].
Thanks, Max
liammonty
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Re: Engine colour

Post by liammonty »

Yes - some Series II cars, and I believe early 1000s (of which yours is one) had light blue engines, and I also believe the water pump pulley was red on those cars too. It certainly was on my SII.
jaekl
Minor Addict

Post by jaekl »

The sump and crankshaft pulley was red on the early 57 and the engine was a light greenish blue. The fan and pulley was also red through much of the Series III cars. The serial number prefix will tell you if it's a van or a 4 door or even something else.
liammonty
Minor Legend

Post by liammonty »

jaekl wrote: Sun Jun 16, 2019 12:52 pm The sump and crankshaft pulley was red on the early 57 and the engine was a light greenish blue. The fan and pulley was also red through much of the Series III cars. The serial number prefix will tell you if it's a van or a 4 door or even something else.
Seriously? A red sump?! That’s a new one to me. My ‘54 with bluish green engine certainly didn’t have a red sump (not to say no other cars did), though it did have the red water pump pulley.

Of course, not all the engines from that period were the bluish green - some were the more familiar mucky green colour.