Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
jagnut66
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Where is it now section

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Just a thought but, unless I've missed it, I can't see a 'Where is it now?' section for people looking for their past vehicles.
They used to have one in the Practical Classics magazine but I'm not sure if it's still in there.
I thought that it might make interesting reading but what do other people / the board on here think?
Best wishes,
Mike.

PS: If there is already one on here and I'm being blind please write it of as another 'Doh!' moment............. :wink:
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend

Re: Where is it now section

Post by myoldjalopy »

People searching for past vehicles post in the 'Do you know....?' topic section...... :D
ampwhu
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by ampwhu »

Why would anyone want to know where any of their old cars are? If you liked them that much, you'd still own them.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

ampwhu wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:45 pm Why would anyone want to know where any of their old cars are? If you liked them that much, you'd still own them.
:lol: :lol:
People do sometimes regret parting with a car, perhaps personal circumstances forced them to do it, or perhaps it was their Mum's or Dad's and they would like to find it again.

Personally, I think there's so many rarely used areas, I don't see the point in starting another one.
Basil the 1955 series II

ampwhu
Minor Addict
MMOC Member: No

Post by ampwhu »

Life is full of regrets. I don't regret selling any of my old cars at all. For me personally, it's good riddance. I sold them on the basis I didn't want it anymore.

I do have a car that I wont part with and have never come close to getting rid of It either
les
Minor Maniac

Post by les »

If you’ve never wondered, out of interest, where your previous vehicles are or if they’re still about, you must have had a curiosity by-pass :D

Banned User
Minor Fan

Post by Banned User »

les wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:28 pm If you’ve never wondered, out of interest, where your previous vehicles are or if they’re still about, you must have had a curiosity by-pass :D
Agreed. If anyone knows of a Frogeye Sprite VUT 134, please let me know.
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

les wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 6:28 pm If you’ve never wondered, out of interest, where your previous vehicles are or if they’re still about, you must have had a curiosity by-pass :D
I owned a Vauxhall Viva GLS, from new in 1977 (perk of having tax free cars for the Forces in Germany), until mid 80s, it was a nice pale blue. It no doubt went to a scrappie in 1991/92, without being correctly deregistered, since the DVLA site says its still registered, but Tax was Due April 1992 some 27 years ago. Oh, and it changed to red along the way....
I somehow doubt it's going to be a Barn find.....
Basil the 1955 series II

jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

MBY 601P:
1275 Morris Marina.
My first car. Fast off the lights. Two candlewatt headlamp power, one of my passengers offered to sit on the bonnet with a torch! :lol:
Dark green, so I don't know about a barn but good hedge camouflage........
Not taxed since the mid eighties, so one of you might be running her engine in your Minor!
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)