Why has Message Board Replacement been locked??

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Why has Message Board Replacement been locked??

Post by geoberni »

Why has the Message Board Replacement Topic suddenly been locked?

It had a solitary Spammer make a post yesterday (which I for one reported to the Mods/Admin) and now it's been locked :-?

A finger slip by a Mod, which can happen, after all they are human :) , or are we no longer allowed to comment about Board replacement?
Basil the 1955 series II

simmitc

Re: Why has Message Board Replacement been locked??

Post by simmitc »

I've checked the logs and can confirm that I deleted the spam post (no finger trouble 8) ) but then Mike locked the thread a little while later. I'm sure that there's a good reason, but we'll have to wait for Mike to comment in due course.
woodiesenfrance
Minor Fan

Post by woodiesenfrance »

So... where are we with this?
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Perhaps Mike can let us know.....

....if I quote him elsewhere but then paste the quote to here so hopefully, the creaking system will flag it to him.....
Admin wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 12:42 pm Ummm... well I genuinely haven't a clue!
:wink: :wink:
Basil the 1955 series II

SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Hey,does anyone remember the last message board update? That was a bit of a nightmare! :wink:
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

SteveClem wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:24 pm Hey,does anyone remember the last message board update? That was a bit of a nightmare! :wink:
As I understand it, that was an Update to a Board that had been bastardised/butchered over the years, by people making tweaks to it without documenting what they had been doing, hence why it is in such a decrepit state now.
Basil the 1955 series II

Admin
Webmaster
Webmaster

Post by Admin »

That thread had served its purpose really, and it would normally have been closed off automatically (being of the type where that happens if the thread has no new posts to it in X days) were it not for the fact that the 'creaking board software' described elsewhere in this thread only does that automatic close if Y condition is met, and Y condition clearly wasn't! I only spotted it was still open when the spammer posted in it, so locked it somewhat belatedly.

It's given us the info we solicited, i.e. that you guys are overall happy to move to a replacement as long as this one is preserved for info purposes, and of course now we have the survey results that I've not looked at yet as well, so we don't need it to continue. Well, unless you have something new to impart that is not already there? As I've described elsewhere, we are engaged in a somewhat laborious process to hopefully bring existing board members to a replacement board, at which point we'll do the shuffle and move.
Mike Dean
MMOC Webmaster
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

Thanks for that explanation Mike.
I didn't realise that there was an calendar auto lock function on some of the boards.
Basil the 1955 series II