Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
cadetchris
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Minor roadster

Post by cadetchris »

Morning,
I am thinking of converting my standard minor 1000 to a roadster. I’ve seen a few pictures and it looks really good to me. Plus there are not many around and it will be a good challenge for me.
From a technical point of view, I would assume that using the strengthening panels from a convertible conversion would suffice with the floor, after I have got the sills and floor replaced to ensure that everything is as strong as it can be.
I do have lots of queries about how the top of the windscreen is finished off, like wise the top of the B pillars and the top of the doors. I would love to keep the quarter lights as these finish off the windscreen frame and tidy it up a bit, but keeping those could be a bit of a challenge.

Has anyone else gone down this route? If you have, I would love a chat and maybe look over your car, to see how it’s been done and challenges have been over come.
moggiethouable
Minor Legend

Re: Minor roadster

Post by moggiethouable »

You need really to post this to the custom and modified register on the first page, I am sure they can help.
From a value point of view be prepared to accept there is a limited market for modified minors.
By customising it you reduce your potential market when you do come to sell it.
Where angels fear to tread
SteveClem
Minor Legend

Post by SteveClem »

Yes, it’s your car so you can do what you like with it. But the purists will go tut tut...and it may well lose value.
Modified beetles though!! But that’s a whole different scene. :D
cadetchris
Minor Legend

Post by cadetchris »

Thanks, I’ll repost this in the custom and modified page.