Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
darrenj
Minor Fan
MMOC Member: No

stolen moggies

Post by darrenj »

Every now and then i look to see what's on the stolen list and look at the reg of the cars, today for some reason I decided to go to early posts and found info of a s11, 1961, 2 door, reg no YPJ244, it was posted as stolen on the 17 June 2010 and belonged to a jim alexanders, when you go on gov.uk tax checker it comes back as a green Alfa Romeo which is taxed till Nov 2020 and mot til July 2020,
Does anybody know if the Morris was found and reg sold on or has the no plate been copied, when moggies are found after being stolen could it be removed from the list so people aren't still looking for them, it could even be that the reg is off the moggie and just put on the Alfa, though dvla would have to have changed details, anyone got any other thoughts.
geoberni
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: stolen moggies

Post by geoberni »

Good point.

The Alpha will have needed to have the number transferred to it and the options for that are several, see here:
https://www.gov.uk/personalised-vehicle ... on-numbers

I assume that Jim Alexander got it back, or at least informed the DVLA that it had been stolen....
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=33196
Basil the 1955 series II

darrenj
Minor Fan

Post by darrenj »

I've been through the first page of stolen cars and tried the reg no's shown on main post and have found a few that are taxed and moted till 2020, but nothing has been mentioned about them being found, eg, JCK568G, could the list be refreshed or perhaps a mention if vehicles are found as I'm sure if I go through the other pages I'm sure i will find more.
darrenj
Minor Fan

Post by darrenj »

So I've checked reports of 33 stolen moggies and have found another 5 that must have been found as all are taxed and moted the reg no's are.....
UVO550G
HHC356H
JCK568G
HUY188K
MLB637D
Also another 2 are sorn
RRG350
TKN989H
Another strikes me as very strange KPK266K was reported stolen as a metallic blue pickup Morris minor, dvla have this reg as a 1972 Austin 2000cc not taxed since 2008 and with no mot,
This was just 1 of the 3 pages of stolen moggies,
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

darrenj wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:03 am
Another strikes me as very strange KPK266K was reported stolen as a metallic blue pickup Morris minor, dvla have this reg as a 1972 Austin 2000cc not taxed since 2008 and with no mot,
What's strange.... :-?
The original posting here was Jan 2008 for
Morris Minor Pick-Up stolen in Runcorn. The car in question is a Metallic Blue Car,the vehicle Registration Mark is KPK266K
The DVLA listing is for 1972 Austin 2000cc with Road Tax due Sep 2008

Now I'm by no means knowledgable on Vans/Pickups, but I venture to suggest that other than being erroneously called a Morris when the OP was made, everything else makes sense.
1972 K reg Austin Van, converted to Pick-up, re-engined, taxed until Sep 2008 but stolen in the preceding January....
Basil the 1955 series II

darrenj
Minor Fan

Post by darrenj »

Ah, ok, but there's still a few that have been recovered which is good, must admit I'm no IT person or detective just seemed weird Morris minor but Austin other Morris's came up as mogs this didn't but as you say with people upgrading, still it would be nice to know that if its been stolen weather or not its been found, an update.
Just say my mog got nicked, I post on here, I get it back but don't post it, then decide to sell, people might think that i was the one who nicked it,
geoberni
Minor Legend

Post by geoberni »

I think it's partially symptomatic of people's attitudes to the forums.
Some 'Stolen' posts are by 3rd parties who are just copying what they have seen locally on other sites like facebook or perhaps local news etc.
Others though are posted by their owners, who just never bother to update; but is that any different to people who post a technical query, get some suggestions as to what the problem might be or how to fix it, and then never come back to inform people what the outcome was?
:roll:
Basil the 1955 series II

dp
Minor Legend

Post by dp »

Well just to update, my blue Minor MAD282F has never turned up.
POMMReg
Minor Legend

Post by POMMReg »

darrenj wrote: Sat Nov 16, 2019 9:03 am So I've checked reports of 33 stolen moggies and have found another 5 that must have been found as all are taxed and moted the reg no's are.....
UVO550G
HHC356H
JCK568G
HUY188K
MLB637D
Also another 2 are sorn
RRG350
TKN989H
This was just 1 of the 3 pages of stolen moggies,

Do you have any LCVs listed, have about 10 "unnofficial" id swops on database, sadly, enthusiasts will buy a Minor without thought of it's true identity!

I have; KPK 266K MAU5 327xxxF (built Jan '72), regd 5/4/72....with "ST" (stolen) marker alongside.
Further investigations uncovered it was an inside job!!
darrenj
Minor Fan

Post by darrenj »

None at the moment but might get round to it when I've got the time,