"I'll give you thirty bob and a box of comics for it"
https://junction59classicsltd.co.uk/veh ... ris-minor/
Where angels fear to tread
myoldjalopy
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: Yes

Re: Blimey

Post by myoldjalopy »

They say "This Minor is as original as they come." No it isn't, at minimum it has a late steering wheel and a later engine! :-?
Owlsman
Minor Fan

Post by Owlsman »

………..and upgraded indicators. But apart from that...……….. it's completely original.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Later (ill fitting) wipers too!
But what really miffs me, for that price, is that there's no chrome windscreen surrounds!! :roll:..........
I think you should keep the comics and just offer them a bag of pork scratchings...... :wink:

Seriously though, some of these classic cars (of whatever condition) with inflated prices must sit around for months (years??) though. I like to browse 'carandclassic' website (amongst others) and, using these for an example, I keep seeing the same Mark 2 Jags month after month.
Why don't they just drop the prices back down to earth, surely a smaller profit for each but combined with a regular turnover would make more sense than cars just sitting gathering dust from one end of the year to next..................
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
kennatt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by kennatt »

This particular garage has been there for years at least 30,they mainly used to deal with mgs in the early days. I have seen some of their rebuilds ,very high quality but as a result top prices,but they have a high turnover ,so can demand top prices.
Haven't been for a while since I gave up re building MGs ,but used to browse,used to have some very nice and interesting classics well worth looking at. Never bought always way out of my price range.
Blaketon
Minor Legend

Post by Blaketon »

I think "Sympathetic refurbishment" could figure in my post on Euphemisms.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

but they have a high turnover
At that price I doubt they'll be experiencing 'turnover' on this one anytime soon....... :roll: :wink:
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)