spray cans

Discuss anything Morris Minor related.
Forum rules
By using this site, you agree to our rules. Please see: Terms of Use
blindsam
MMOC Member: Yes

spray cans

Post by blindsam »

hi, anyone used or had experience with spray cans , if so who supplied I'm looking to spray boot lid colour maroon
Andymoor94
Minor Fan

Re: spray cans

Post by Andymoor94 »

Not a Moggy but my cousin did this with black rattle cans

https://www.instagram.com/p/B8Hruz5l_n0 ... qn33gsl5pv

I guess cure it and clear coat it, it'll be semi respectable, but obviously won't live up to modern standards. Each to their own, I guess!
Eugene - My daily driver
1954 4 Door Saloon with original 803cc Engine.
jagnut66
Minor Legend

Post by jagnut66 »

Hi,
Before spraying with one I always put them in a small tub (21/2 litre / 4 pint milk container cut in half) of kettle boiled water (it's hotter than water from the hot tap) first and let them heat up. I find it produces a finer mist of spray (especially if it's a 'Danvern' nozzle on the can) and therefore a better paint finish, plus has the added benefit that it seems to last longer.
I have been doing this for a while now to good effect. I have yet to tackle a large panel with spray cans though, let us know how you get on.
Best wishes,
Mike.
1954 Series 2: 4 door: "Sally" -- Back on the ground with (slave) wheels and waiting to be resprayed......
1970 Triumph Herald 1200: "Hetty" -- Driven back from Llangollen in Wales (twice.....)
kevin s
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by kevin s »

My local motor factors (galleywood motor spares chelmsford) 6sells the professional ones, they give a better finish and coverage than the regular ones. One was adequote to paint a wing on our MX5..

I believe most automotive paint suppliers do them.
kennatt
Minor Legend
MMOC Member: No

Post by kennatt »

you can get good results and bad results but you won't get perfect results,depend on your requirements . Very easy to get runs and sags,the best way is to give it multiple fine coats and then cut back with polish to get a shine,if you lay it on so that it looks like it will shine when dry ......it WILL run.It also take a lot longer to harden /dry in between coats than celly or 2 pack.
You may be better off getting a match with coach paint and put it on with a roller .2 pack can also be rolled its only dangerous when sprayed,( no paint mist to breath in ) good luck